IGNORED

James Wilson

old_eastender

Surely after the woeful non-defending of Carey & Fonts yesterday, James Wilson deserves a chance - he surely could not have done worse. Carey & Fonts were both dire yesterday and between their inadequacies directly cost us all 5 goals.

Though Tango is a donkey with regards his passing ability, he can at least do basic defending. I would not complain if Carey & Fonts were both dropped.

Completely agree - I've always thought Wilson looked a tidy defender, if not a world beater, and surely on the back of the defensive performance yesterday he deserves a chance to prove himself. As for Nyatanga, I don't believe he is anywhere near good enough, so I would be less happy to see him playing.

I don't rate Wilson on the back of some shoddy performances last season, but that's not to say he doesn't deserve another chance at some point.

However, McInnes is clearly trying to get us playing out from the back and my overriding impression of Wilson from the games I've seen is that he is a hoofer who cannot/will not pass the ball any less than 50 metres. I would imagine that this aspect of his game has been coached out of him by now, but with the style of play we are seemingly moving towards I cannot help but think Wilson will not be a good fit.

If he does get a chance and proves that he can be consistent and can use the ball effectively then great, I think we'd all be delighted to see a youth product succeed. He's always had positive reviews in his youth and it's probably now getting the stage of his career here where it is sink or swim, so to speak.

I wanted to see Wilson form a defensive pairing from the start of the season but he for some reason is not being given a chance. He had a short run of games last season and seems to have been phased out since. If he can't get into the side after conceding five then he'll never get in the side and may as well be moved on. He may not be the perfect player but with no experience he isn't ever going to be. Get a strong centre back in on loan and him alongside and he'll learn quickly. He can't learn any more from the sidelines. He knows that if there's ever a chance to get in the side it's when your team has conceded heavily and if he doesn't can we just sell him on and forget about trying to give him a chance anymore? I think he can be better than what we've got but he needs to have that run to gain confidence and experience.

If we don't get a new CB in he should definitely get his chance on Tuesday.

I thought Fontaine was poorer than Carey yesterday but I'd still leave Louis out because I can't see him coping with playing on Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.

My understanding is that Wilson will only be allowed to go out on loan once we have someone in, but as Nibor says, he could hardly do worse than the 2 who played in the middle yesterday, could he?

Surely after the woeful non-defending of Carey & Fonts yesterday, James Wilson deserves a chance - he surely could not have done worse. Carey & Fonts were both dire yesterday and between their inadequacies directly cost us all 5 goals.

Though Tango is a donkey with regards his passing ability, he can at least do basic defending. I would not complain if Carey & Fonts were both dropped.

Wilson is better then Carey and Fonts so should have his chance

Del sees Wilson in training every day and probably most reserve games. I'm sure if he was impressing in both he would get his chance. So many on here with a view based on absolutely nothing.

He must rate him or he would have been moved on in the summer when there where several enquiries for him according to the BEP and don't think he would make the bench if he wasn't impressing in the reserve games and training

Fonts was very poor yesterday - but that doesnt mean he should be dropped. He has been ok so far this season and I am sure the manager will put a rocket up him. I wont be surprised if he's MOM on Tuesday. a good performance often follows a poor one as the player tries to re-establish his form. He is the captain and will be very upset by his poor showing against what was in reality a Premier League front line - by that i mean any mistake will be punished - and they were.

I don't rate Wilson on the back of some shoddy performances last season, but that's not to say he doesn't deserve another chance at some point.

However, McInnes is clearly trying to get us playing out from the back and my overriding impression of Wilson from the games I've seen is that he is a hoofer who cannot/will not pass the ball any less than 50 metres. I would imagine that this aspect of his game has been coached out of him by now, but with the style of play we are seemingly moving towards I cannot help but think Wilson will not be a good fit.

If he does get a chance and proves that he can be consistent and can use the ball effectively then great, I think we'd all be delighted to see a youth product succeed. He's always had positive reviews in his youth and it's probably now getting the stage of his career here where it is sink or swim, so to speak.

You think that Fontaine is capable of passing the ball from the back? I don't recall ever seeing him make a 40 yard pass and he rarely just gives it to a midfielder (although in fairness our midfield do seem to excel at static). Note how the opposition will always allow Fontaine to have the ball. They know he will give it back to them.

I'd like to see Wilson and Carey on Tuesday but since Carey struggles with Sat-Tue-Sat I expect to see Wilson-Fontaine.

Wilson leaked loads of goals in the start of last season; so unless he has improved vastly since then, he won't be any good.

I think if Fonts or Carey were to be dropped it would be Nyatanga who would step in, and I don't think James and Tangs will pair up together.

What about the games he played where few goals where leaked and the performance was excellent ie Leicester away Southampton away Portsmouth at home for example, look back at the reports and then comment again re WIlson, performance last season

Archived