IGNORED

James Wilson- Good Enough?

Big Hev

was at the peterborough game to night..he seemed confident and him and fontaine won most things in the air did get drawn out a bit but recovered well and his timing in the tackles were good think with a bit of game time and playing with experiences players like M.wilson to help him positionally he could do a job

..thoughts??

i realise that it was against a fairly lack luster peterborough team but got to be worthy of a start at watford

was at the peterborough game to night..he seemed confident and him and fontaine won most things in the air did get drawn out a bit but recovered well and his timing in the tackles were good think with a bit of game time and playing with experiences players like M.wilson to help him positionally he could do a job

..thoughts??

i realise that it was against a fairly lack luster peterborough team but got to be worthy of a start at watford

That's a posh side that have trouble with conceding goals not scoring them. I think he should continue.

Was solid defensively, but he is even more of a hoof ball merchant than Nyatanga. I thought it last season and tonight more than confirmed it. I do think though he should be available to improve this side of his game as he does have a very good touch for a centre half so this would suggest he should have more than enough talent to start playing it out comfortably from the back rather than aimlessly lumping it.

Was solid defensively, but he is even more of a hoof ball merchant than Nyatanga. I thought it last season and tonight more than confirmed it. I do think though he should be available to improve this side of his game as he does have a very good touch for a centre half so this would suggest he should have more than enough talent to start playing it out comfortably from the back rather than aimlessly lumping it.

I am amazed to see this as every time I have seen him I have been impressed with his long and short range passing. I can only think that as it was a new chance for him that he wanted to ensure he didn't give the ball away or get caught in posssession, or he was under orders to just clear our lines.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him good enough yet he needs a run in the side first he's at an age where he needs to play every week now he is not a youngster anymore,

I'd still go out and get a centre back and then tell James that he has to keep him out of the side

He deserves a start at the weekend. I think we are still in need of a centre half mind.

This could be the biggest period of Wilsons career. He needs to establish himself now and get a run in the side to prove himself.

He really needs to take this chance and kick on if he wants to be successful for us.

Saw Wilson when he came into the team at Leicester last season. That was when we were on a dire run, the defence was all over the place and Gerken came in to replace James in the same game. Wilson was up against Nugent, who is a handful, but he was strtong and gave nothing away that night.

Yesterday he was strong and more secure and reliable than Fontaine on the night, and made two or three superb saving tackles. I think his progress has been severely hampered by injury and he'splaying catch up now. Also, over the last couple of seasons when he has come into the side, it was into a defence that was about as secure as a wet paper bag and bereft of confidence which would not have heloped his own performance. I don't see the hoof ball that many go on about.

His distribution could be better, as he misplaced a few long passes, but that was a weakness throughout the team all night, but he was also prepared to put his foot through the ball when the sitaution called for it.

I'd say he deserves a run in the team, but Fontaine seems to be lacking confidence and his place could be the one under threat and with the options being Carey or Tanga that would be a worry.

I'd say he deserves a run in the team, but Fontaine seems to be lacking confidence and his place could be the one under threat and with the options being Carey or Tanga that would be a worry.

Interesting - Del said after the game that he thought Fonts was superb all night :read: just trying to build his confidence after the mare he had on Sat? I've not seen JW that much, but thought he did really well against Boro at AG last year until he bought a cheap foul on the edge of our box which ultimately cost us the game.

So relieved he was put in for this game and really hope he keeps his place. This is an integral time for his career progression with us and if he can't keep his spot then he'll never be more than a backup to us. Really hope he gets a solid run of games and can prove himself to everyone involved.

Interesting - Del said after the game that he thought Fonts was superb all night :read: just trying to build his confidence after the mare he had on Sat? I've not seen JW that much, but thought he did really well against Boro at AG last year until he bought a cheap foul on the edge of our box which ultimately cost us the game.

The Evening Post also gave Fonts one of the highest ratings of the City players.

Archived