IGNORED

Performance Last Night

riddlesdown red

Anyone who saw the game last night would see that both teams were very poor in the first half, it took us 25 mins for their keeper to make his first proper save. We brightened up a bit when he changed Woolford Pearson Elliot and Skuse into a midfield of Pearson Elliot Skuse and Woolford half way through the first half (positionally left to right) When Albert came on I thought this would open up the midfield and help posh, but DM sent them out with a new impetuous and we stepped up a gear and the goal helped a great deal. I thought Taylor and Foster in the first half were superb and Taylor in the 2nd half was even better. Heaton never looked in trouble, woolford switched off for the pen and allowed Tomlin to get goal side running into the box (cheap pen) Still not sure about Fonts and Wilson together but only game time will improve this and with Cunningham likely to be out for a while Wilson may get a run at CB so it is up to him to take it.

The funniest part of the night was walking back to the car behind a load of posh fans and listening to a 5 year old singing you're getting sacked in the morning directed at Darren Ferguson.

Hope Skuse and Cunningham make a swift recovery as defensively we could be stretched. Oh and Bryan did well when he came on.

All in all a good away win and no reason why we cant get a result at Watford

Sounded like Little's challenge on Font's was worse than Barnett's on Cunnigham- was it as bad as described?

they were being out performed so fergie told them to man up which in turn seen them assult city players some of the challenges could get you locked up for 3 months that they were putting in from what i've heard,

It was a typical away perofmance from city and showed del has something that millen didn't and thatsa good tactical head, with alot of people questioning his selection he provided the perfect anwser,

and to be fair our 3 defeats could of been 3 draws easily,

Keep the perofmances up and we may well be in the play-off hunt this year

Last night was my first game of the season.

My overriding reaction was that compared to a year ago we looked like a team instead of a collection of 11 players. McInnes seems to have instilled some spirit into the players and they seem to want to play for each other. It was also good to see DMc go 4-4-2 rather than the 4-51 that seemed to have become our go to away formation.

First half I thought we were a bit too cautious and probably made Posh look better than they were. Albert coming on made a big difference and was almost unplayable and my only criticism was that on a number of occassions we played the ball too much to Wooolford rather then feeding Albert's wing. What a change to see a City team that actually looks capable of scoring goals. Taylor looked a real handful and Baldock is a clinical finisher more than capable of getting 20 goals this season.

Who would have believed that we could play 4-4-2 away from home, lose Skuse and probably play better second half with a central 2 of Pearson and Marvin?

Wilson looked strong and solid and made 2 or 3 superb saving tackles, but Fonts looks like he lacks confidence. Defence looked a whole lot better than last year but I think that better teams than Posh will probably stretch us a bit at the back, especially through the middle.

We now look a very decent footballing side and if we can learn to play passes of more than 10 yards to our players rather than the opposition then I can see us troubling most sides in this division.

Sounded like Little's challenge on Font's was worse than Barnett's on Cunnigham- was it as bad as described?

Little's looked 2 footed, so I would say it was worse. Barnett's was very late and very forceful from what I remember, the fact its left Cunningham in a stretcher should make it worthy of a red card, surely that is "Serious Foul Play"??

Archived