IGNORED

Robbie Williams & Bristol City!

Cowshed

I think the club have been reasonably clever with this ad campaign, the basic message "let us entertain you" is appropriate for our current team and performances and is clearly a plea to fans who have, so far, stayed away.

The fact is that we are fortunate enough at BCFC to have fans who create events like the flag day, produce merchandise, arrange funds for giant surfers etc. that separate our club from any other in the region. In comparison to the Tobacco factory surfer any official advertising from the club is going to look a bit unoriginal.

Thanks I hadn't seen that. In response to the opening post what's wrong with this and last weeks pack the gate ? I thought it was a good effort by the club but think some fans like to complain about anything

Fans efforts have been described as awesome, great etc. ?

The fact is that we are fortunate enough at BCFC to have fans who create events like the flag day, produce merchandise, arrange funds for giant surfers etc. that separate our club from any other in the region. In comparison to the Tobacco factory surfer any official advertising from the club is going to look a bit unoriginal.

Put the latter together with the former and free expertise of the wider fanbase. Would that not be of more wide ranging benefit?

Fans efforts have been described as awesome, great etc. ?

Put the latter together with the former and free expertise of the wider fanbase. Would that not be of more wide ranging benefit?

its heading in the right direction but more can be done, the famous saying "rome wasn't built in a day" applys here with the fan lead things imo

I think the club have been reasonably clever with this ad campaign, the basic message "let us entertain you" is appropriate for our current team and performances and is clearly a plea to fans who have, so far, stayed away.

You just know its going to be a boring 0-0 against Leeds now all the advertising and encouragement to watch the best in the west has been put in.

I wonder if there's something more to our attacking performances this season. Last two seasons dull/poor performances, crowds down, maybe the board have had a word with D Mac and the signing of so many forwards leading to attacking play is the new strategy to win fans back. Or is just D Mac's phiosophy to attack and I'm talking rubbish. Probably the latter.

I wonder if there's something more to our attacking performances this season. Last two seasons dull/poor performances, crowds down, maybe the board have had a word with D Mac and the signing of so many forwards leading to attacking play is the new strategy to win fans back. Or is just D Mac's phiosophy to attack and I'm talking rubbish. Probably the latter.

I don't think your talking rubbish but I think it's probably just a case of having a good manager who has been allowed to bring in his own players and has been given time and backing by the board.

Whatever it is mate, it's working better than the last couple of seasons.

It's an advertising campaign by the Commercial wing of the club, got nowt to do with Del, you obviously no nothing about how a football club is really run :bored:

He wasn't talking about the ad campaign, he was talking about performances on the pitch and the difference between this year and last year. Read the post.

What advertising? Up here in Clifton there are tens of thousands of students, that is potential support and the only advertising I can see anywhere is on the clubs website.

There may be thousands of students in Bristol, but the fact is, even when the club were doing massive discounts in the past, they didn't come.

They are not, and never were, interested in changing teams at that stage in their lives, a handful may turn up half a dozen times over the period of their course, why persist with them? I would much rather the club give free tickets to local schools every week, that will get them waching live football in their home City, more chance of getting them to come back.

The future of the clubs support is in the schools. Bristolian kids are worth targetting, that is where our fans will come from, Jules from Buckinghamshire isn't.

There may be thousands of students in Bristol, but the fact is, even when the club were doing massive discounts in the past, they didn't come.

They are not, and never were, interested in changing teams at that stage in their lives, a handful may turn up half a dozen times over the period of their course, why persist with them? I would much rather the club give free tickets to local schools every week, that will get them waching live football in their home City, more chance of getting them to come back.

The future of the clubs support is in the schools. Bristolian kids are worth targetting, that is where our fans will come from, Jules from Buckinghamshire isn't.

A handful is a start, some stay and become fans, look at the clubs board and club employees who include people who became fans after primary/seconadary school. I have never seen Bristol City targetting my sons school or football team. Do both.

One thing that pulled us across to Durham ICG while we were up there was a £5 ticket with a free pint. Whether the regulations on giving away alcohol at football are different I don't know, there may well be. That offer pulled the biggest crowd at the time in county T20 history, though.

Here in Manchester, utd and city advertise home games on the radio and the local paper. Also clubs round here have advers on billboards advertising games and season ticket offers.

When lived in Wigan they had links to the local schools and soccer leagues doing special deals.

I know the local schools here in manchester are linked in with man utd who provide a coach etc, for after school and some weeks during pe lessons. All the kids only talk about utd and city for that's who do there coaching.

Not sure what are community team does but maybe we should go along these lines. Can't cost that much and brings club to the forefront.

For those not sure what our Community team do this is a must read. They interact with over 50,000 local kids every year. Of course we can always do more, and Amy and her team have ambitious plans to grow their work even further http://www.football-league.co.uk/features/20120918/real-football-the-crucial-role-of-a-community-trust_2293307_2921204

Archived