IGNORED

Pompey

slartibartfast

Not City related, but anyone know why Pompey haven't been deducted the ten points on the tables ? I read somewhere that they won't be deducted till they exit admin.

Surely, then, it would pay them to stay in admin. all season? That can't be right?

You agree to go into administration alongside your creditors and the court. When that happens it is for a pre-determined time and if you wish to extend it you need their agreement. The business is also duty bound to conclude the process of administration as soon as possible and any delay in coming out, without agreement, can result in regulatory sanctions.

isnt their new owner going to be the one who bought the club with fake money? if so how is he allowed to take control of the club again

Fit and proper persons test is a sham just like FFP.

PSG have just announced a new shirt sponsor. £100 million per season, up from the previous £4 million. This confirms that FFP is just a way for the established clubs to make it harder for others to compete with them.

You agree to go into administration alongside your creditors and the court. When that happens it is for a pre-determined time and if you wish to extend it you need their agreement. The business is also duty bound to conclude the process of administration as soon as possible and any delay in coming out, without agreement, can result in regulatory sanctions.

Understand that, but my point was ,IF they don't find anyone by the end of season will they still be deducted 10 points? It seems a little unfair if they are not.

Pompey fan I work with says they will get the 10 pts deducted when they come out of admin. If they don't come out during the season they will cease to exist anyway so the 10 pts doesn't matter

I have a long memory (and I am also old), thus I can remember how I felt in 82. Yes we were ultimately lucky not to be deducted points etc as no real rules had been developed, but the fact was we played sixteen year olds, as it was all we had, and relegation was assured. The debtors of the club like its suppliers (local businesses) and players who tore uo their contracts would and should have expected nothing less

Portsmouth FC and the bevvy of owners of the club over recent years have made no attempt to play within the means of the club, or its officials, as such the serial defaulting sticks in my craw, like many others.

I hope Portsmouth can come out of its current problems and emerge as a sustainable club, however I would very much be hoping that the FA and the league also put a condition on the new owners that declaring bancruptcy again within a 15 year time span would ensure the club is thrown out of the league. The milkman the local shops and all he little guys who are owed money and having to take pennies on the pound AGAIN from this institution should have some protection from the idiots that keep taking ownership!

Can someone please explain why football clubs can legally enforce the football creditors rule. And why it this cannot be applied in any other industry, imagine engineering firms everywhere doing the same.

Same here. How has it happened? Surely it has yet to be tested in a court of law? Whats to stop all of pompeys creditors taking that rule to court? As far as i can see its been made up by the fa to protect themselves and their members. Why cant this be contested?

Or is it down to tge administrator? Are they just going on what they are advised by the fa? Do the fa say pay football people 1st or theres no more license to play in the league?

Can someone please explain why football clubs can legally enforce the football creditors rule. And why it this cannot be applied in any other industry, imagine engineering firms everywhere doing the same.

the HMRC are chellenging the rule I don't think anything has been heard in court yet so it isn't "illegal" yet,

Portsmouth are shafted etherway they don't come out of admin this season they are liquidated and no longer exist when they do they lose 10 points,

Understand that, but my point was ,IF they don't find anyone by the end of season will they still be deducted 10 points? It seems a little unfair if they are not.

effectively already answered it in my point; there is a set time for being allowed to remain in admin and once that time is up they either liquidate the business or successfully come out of it. Perhaps knowing Pompey they will try some other method to remain in business but there are few options, they have form and the judge may tell them, rightly, where to go; he too has little room for manoeuvre. At that point of course they will have 10 pts deducted or a fate far worse.

Archived