IGNORED

Tom Heaton

RedorDead BCFC

Heaton generally looks pretty solid to me, a good Championship keeper.

A couple of points from yesterday though - admittedly only from the radio commentary. They described Heaton as 'rushing out' in such a way that Wilson was forced to take an early booking to prevent a Watford striker having an easy shot, presumably at a goal that wasn't then protected as well as it might have been.

Wilson being booked early on would naturally put him on tenterhooks for the rest of the game for fear of picking up another one, so may have affected his performance quite markedly.

Likewise with the OG. It wasn't clear where Heaton was for the build up from the description - did the ball go across him before the last defender was apparently forced to get a touch to prevent an open goal for Deeny?

Only mentioning these two instances because one or two at the game describe Wilson's performance yesterday as ' not good enough' - others disagreed and say he played reasonably well - and the two main incidents which may have been most noticeable and affected his game may not have been helped by positional decisions from the goalkeeper.

It'll be interesting to see the extended highlights.

I can't remember seeing Heaton rush out yesterday for the Wilson booking, but saying that it's over in a split second so can't comment.

Did notice there was a lot of freekicks from where JW got booked the ref was probably watching that big screen they had in that corner.

Saw the OG on TV and think Heaton could of got it if it went through JW. But JW will learn from his mistakes yesterday. One of the best defenders I have seen live was Tony Adams and he made mistakes it's how you learn from them that counts.

If Heaton is playing well enough to get another contract I'm sure other teams will be keeping tabs on him.

Whats with all this running out bollox? Heaton is by far the best keeper in this league, we need to appriciate him a little more!

I agree, I was at my first game of the season on Sat and thought he was very impressive. Commands his area, takes charge of situation and has a safe pair of hands - no spilling of the ball or anything like that. Really good signing and we would definitely be shipping more goals with Gerken or James between the sticks.

Nonsense regarding the rushing out yesterday, that was Foster playing them all onside then being caught under the ball.

As I said, taken from the radio commentary.

I can't see the Wilson booking incident on the Player highlights.

It wasn't the Foster incident on about 45 seconds that was in question.

No but there were numeous occasions where Foster was well out of position and caught with balls over the top.

Heaton was exceptional throughout and this idea that he can't kick is rubbish.

I'm sure, but I haven't mentioned his kicking and I wasn't talking about any Foster incidents.

I'm talking about a specific incident when, according to the radio, Heaton 'rushed out' possibly leaving his goal exposed and Wilson therefore having to 'take a booking for the team'

Not particularly important, these things happen ( or not, if the commentary was misleading) and it certainly wouldn't make Heaton a bad keeper.

I'm only interested because an early booking would obviously affect Wilson's performance for the rest of the game.

As it is, this particular incident doesn't seem to be on the Player highlights so there's no point discussing it further.

Hes a good shot stopper although 1 on 1 he seems to struggle, and his kicking sometimes leaves alot to be desired.

he shouldn't be put into a 1v1 situation if we defend correctly (we all know that doesn't happen) so you can't really be critical of that its like calling a keep crap who doesn't save pens,

His kicking I think is one of his strongest assits he can get good distance on it unlike our ex-international keeper,

His strongest aspect for me is the command of his area somthing I think our keepers has been extremly lacking since Keith Welsh,

I think theres an option for another year in his contract so if its like james's it will kick in automatically after say 25 games

I'm sure, but I haven't mentioned his kicking and I wasn't talking about any Foster incidents.

I'm talking about a specific incident when, according to the radio, Heaton 'rushed out' possibly leaving his goal exposed and Wilson therefore having to 'take a booking for the team'

Not particularly important, these things happen ( or not, if the commentary was misleading) and it certainly wouldn't make Heaton a bad keeper.

I'm only interested because an early booking would obviously affect Wilson's performance for the rest of the game.

As it is, this particular incident doesn't seem to be on the Player highlights so there's no point discussing it further.

I have already said to you that Foster was caught well out of position, and then didn't deal with the ball which resulted in Heaton rushing out.

Foster to blame on that one.

I have already said to you that Foster was caught well out of position, and then didn't deal with the ball which resulted in Heaton rushing out.

Foster to blame on that one.

And I've already made it clear to you that unless Wilson was booked as a result of that incident then it is not relevant to anything I've said.

Didn't think this really warranted a new thread so just thought I'd find one remotely relevant. For anyone that's interested, D James is training with Bournemouth. Good on the man..

I really hope he signs for them and does well there. I'd love to see him play on the highlights. He's got another year left in him at L1 level.

Heaton has been a great signing.

He's the most athletic keeper since Basso and Weale. Very nimble excellent reflexes.

The thing that I most noticed on saturday, apart from the brilliant tip over was the way he came out of his goal right up the pitch to cheer up Wilson and the rest of the defence.

He didn't waste time and energy looking sorrry for himself, or b*llocking the defence like you know who did habitually

Very good energy, good team player. Maybe he can become as inspirational as the great Adriano.

Archived