IGNORED

Obscure Forum Names

slartibartfast

stars6.gif

Mine is taken from the star, Betelgeuse, a red super giant. I like astronomy and red football teams from BS3. As the image shows, Betelgeuse is a big sucker and much much bigger than the sun (Sol). One day soon, it will explode due to it's age and when it does it will shine as bright as the moon for roughly a week or so. There's your free astronomy lesson for you on a wet Monday. :bored:

When I saw the title of this post I thought it referred to obscure names of football club fanzines and forums, not the names of members. It reminded me of the Gillingham fanzine / forum entitled” Brian Moore’s head look uncannily like the London Planetarium.”

This must be the best name ever!

stars6.gif

Mine is taken from the star, Betelgeuse, a red super giant. I like astronomy and red football teams from BS3. As the image shows, Betelgeuse is a big sucker and much much bigger than the sun (Sol). One day soon, it will explode due to it's age and when it does it will shine as bright as the moon for roughly a week or so. There's your free astronomy lesson for you on a wet Monday. :bored:

I thought you might be a Hitch Hiker Guide fan!

I think my name is fairly obvious; tiz good out ere. ;)

Used to be HZ25, which is my season ticket seat, but changed to my proper name last season when there was a lot of bitching about people hiding behind the anonymity of forum names. I figured if I wanted to have a viewpoint, then I should at least be willing to put my name to it. I think a few others did the same thing around the same time for the same reason!

Spot on, wish a few more would follow our example Steve.

stars6.gif

Contrary to what my name may imply, my nickname is NOT because I like Simply Red (because I don't - particularly) - it is because I am Simply..Red. That is, my colours are, simply, red.

I've had this name since I first joined the forum back in the 90's and have never posted under any other name.

Isn't that Mick Hucknall in your avatar though???

stars6.gif

I also looked out to Space when coming up with my name. A red heavenly body which is a bit closer to Planet Earth in my case.

Then I remembered a bit of Roman Mythology linked to this planet for my signature, which seemed about right, if you take the view that football games are like a battle between two armies. Sort of.

When I was little, I used to have a dolly I carried round in a bag. My family gave me the nickname "dolly bag lady" and the dolly bit stuck. My family still call me Dolly rather than Marie to this day, it gets written on Birthday cards and everything.

I added the Marie bit cos that's my real name, but will answer to Dolly/Dolls just as much.

Archived