IGNORED

Mcinnes On Player, So Impressed Again

Kid in the Riot

Elokobi is cover for Greg but can also play as a left sided centre back if needed. Said it's no reflection on Joe Bryan who remains an option at LB and LW.

Said Elokobi was keen to join us, turned down other C'ship clubs. Says that he has noticed a 'sea change' in how agents view a move to us now, we are looked upon more positively (which is great news). We had to move quick to get him and we did want him last season as well. Elokobi also gives us the option not to rush Greg back from injury.

No search for a centre back, we know who we want and are just playing the waiting game. Up to players here now to improve and prove that we don't need another one.

I know it's been said time and time again on here, but Del comes across positively, intelligently and seems to say all the right things. Protecting the players when neccessary (Bryan) and giving them a subtle kick up the arse when neccessary (centre backs).

I really do feel he has most of, if not all the credentials, to manage in the top flight.

I can read 2 key things into that:

- He wants Monk from Swansea

- Monk has indicated he will join & is awaiting the nod that he can leave.

Ofcourse I could be totally wrong!

I think you are at least partially wrong; The Dane has already said he may struggle to get into his first team. Last night was a cup night.

Bottom line is we simply have no idea and I like it that way.

I reckon monk just back from back injury played last night in cup game and scored in del we trust

I would have thought this is spot on. Monk has been out injured and afaik wanted a loan deal to guarantee both his wages and a testimonial at the Swans. Now he is match fit again, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him join before the Leeds or Millwall matches IMHO.

Archived