IGNORED

Official Site... Poor Write Ups.

Jordan Tansley

Why is the official site so poorly written at the moment? I was just reading the Marvin story (no link, I'm on my mobile) and it's littered with errors.

It's not important but if the club is paying someone to write about the club, it'd be nice if they could proof read every once in a while. It just looks a bit embarrassing to be honest.

On the story itself, great to here Marvin talking about what many of us have noticed under Del and Doc. The will to win/not be beaten is refreshing and the unity we see now is at the same level GJ had early on.

Why is the official site so poorly written at the moment? I was just reading the Marvin story (no link, I'm on my mobile) and it's littered with errors.

It's not important but if the club is paying someone to write about the club, it'd be nice if they could proof read every once in a while. It just looks a bit embarrassing to be honest.

On the story itself, great to here Marvin talking about what many of us have noticed under Del and Doc. The will to win/not be beaten is refreshing and the unity we see now is at the same level GJ had early on.

It's "hear" not "here"......

Agree the quality is poor, but it is not just our site.

Anyone that reads the West Country Sunday Independant or the Metro, will see the amazing number of spelling and Grammar errors

To be fair what do you expect, there is no money in journalism at that level. It's so competitive that City (I know Four Four Two do it as well) get people into do articles for nothing as for some seeing their name in print is enough. Also students like in the case of Mark Perrow at City who obviously wants to get into journalism so will work for the experience for nothing/very little.

• Admin

To be fair what do you expect, there is no money in journalism at that level. It's so competitive that City (I know Four Four Two do it as well) get people into do articles for nothing as for some seeing their name in print is enough. Also students like in the case of Mark Perrow at City who obviously wants to get into journalism so will work for the experience for nothing/very little.

There is a simple thing called SPELLCHECK !

Sign of the times, sadly. Many media agencies/websites etc get stringers in to work for free in order to get their name in lights. If they're good enough, they get paid.

The problem lies with proofing, which is usually the job of a sub-editor or web ed. I don't think Beanhead has any of those in the media department at the mo.

• Admin

From today:

Harry's Blackthorn Bar will be decorated by images sent in by supporters - 40 of which will be invited along to the ceremony.

40 images will be invited along to the ceremony? Surely their owners should be informed. Otherwise, how will they get there?

Emails have been sent to those who's pictures have been selected

Archived