IGNORED

Get Well Soon George

bcfcbs20

He looked superb too, I never want to see an injury like that anytime soon. Horrible stuff. Get well soon George and come back to AG when your on the mend

Despite being excited he'd joined, I wasn't that impressed by him (but thought it was just a case of needing 3 or 4 games to get the sharpness back). There was one moment when he let the ball drop in the pen box rather than put his boot through it and the pass from kick off was plain odd.

Hope he gets a speedy recovery!

What actually happened though? I didn't see how he did it? Get well soon George!!

He was tracking back trying to stop White I think it was and went to ground and caught his ankle under his body. Hearing him scream and looking at his foot all floppy will stick in my mind for many a year.

Tried to block a cross and I think his studs just got stuck in the turf.

The strange thing is that me and my son were watching the City players in the warm up in front of the Dolman at about 2.30. George slipped over more than once and actually stopped and looked at his studs.

I don't know if it was his studs that got caught in the grass, but after observing what we saw it may have contributed.

He was tracking back trying to stop White I think it was and went to ground and caught his ankle under his body. Hearing him scream and looking at his foot all floppy will stick in my mind for many a year.

What will stick in my mind, watching from the East End was the reaction of the crowd in the Atyeo. As soon as he went down they were screaming and waving for the medics to come on, and when the stretcher bearers, ambled slowly across the pitch, they were waving to hurry them up. You just knew it was a bad one, but I must admit I did fear that he had simply collapsed, at first. I am pretty sure that the crowd reaction would have been the same had it been a Leeds player who had picked up a similar injury. Never nice to see, and hope for a good recovery.

What will stick in my mind, watching from the East End was the reaction of the crowd in the Atyeo. As soon as he went down they were screaming and waving for the medics to come on, and when the stretcher bearers, ambled slowly across the pitch, they were waving to hurry them up. You just knew it was a bad one, but I must admit I did fear that he had simply collapsed, at first. I am pretty sure that the crowd reaction would have been the same had it been a Leeds player who had picked up a similar injury. Never nice to see, and hope for a good recovery.

Exactly that from Dolman F too. Just want to add that it seemed a huge amount of fans in the Atyeo were screaming for help or at the Ref who seemed to wave play on. You KNEW something was very wrong. We also saw an Ambulance arrive through the gap in the stands and then soon after the announcement that the fans in the Atyeo possibly couldn't use the car park at HT due to Ambulance access.

I hope he makes a full recovery. He looked class and was organising the other players.I really thought we had sound one of the missing pieces.

I actually looked over to the bench to see if colin was immatating a card to the ref to book him. Anyway speedy recovery Big Man are doors are open for you at AG

To be fair to warnock I think he realised how serious it was as he was shouting at the city bench to get help to him ASAP and he made a hand signal that he had a broken leg.

Archived