IGNORED

Neil Kilkenny

Scrumpy_247

What did everyone think of Neil Kilkenny's performance yesterday? I thought he looked decent, he got stuck in and played some great passes. Perhaps he could have done more for the last goal though

Agree. He had a very good game. Didnt have a stray pass and put himself about. Certainly deserves to keep his place. The same cant be said about Pearson. He needs a rest. Could Morris & Killa work ?

I was also impressed with him and to be fair he has done fairly well when called upon under Del. Surprised to see some fans criticising his performance as personally he'd of been my MOTM (not that there was much competition). It's important that if he gets another chance he maintains that level of performance as it's easy to be up for a game against your old club, playing like that every game is what counts. Hopefully if chosen on Tuesday, he'll play like he did against Millwall away last season!

Perhaps it was just me that thought he was sh1te then?! Sideways passing, the usual pointing and moaning and hiding. The guy couldnt tackle a fly. He made a couple of nice interceptions i'll give you that but hes powder puff and contributes no physical presence to the team.

He cant play in a midfield '2' and we were woefully short in midfield partly because of his inclusion in the team ( which i couldnt understand ). I think the ex leeds tag got him a game tbh.

Kilkenny did alright but it was blatent to see him and Pearson were defotiantly not on the same wave length. Though I suppose Elliot was supposed to play but that should be no excuse. Kilkenny doesn't deserved to be dropped yet like LJ to be effective must play in a central 3.

Which could be a possiblity if i helps us keeps the ball more means less chance of the defence getting under pressure. Even though we are home I wouldn't be against playing one from taylor/Davies/Baldock up front by themselves if we play Kilkenny/Pearson/Elliot in a central 3 with then Adomah joining the front striker as much as he can.

Less time defence have it less time to worry, only as a temporary measure whilst our defence is so bad. Worst happens we concede stuff another striker back and go back to what we do best and try and out score the opposition.

For me; Foster deserved his MotM, Pearson, another hardworking performance but looses concentration too easily, marking was also sloppy; Wilson looked incredibly nervous alongside fontaine, who also had another fairly bad performance.

Kilkenny for me was... Well average; tackling i reckon was because of who we were against, and it was rare to see gim make a foward pass; if not for foster flying down the wings, im pretty sure we wouldve failed to score at all that game.

Generally; its very obvious we miss Skuse and Cunningham, wish George the best.

He hasn't really been able to play at this level throughout his career and he's what 33 now? He won't improve any time soon. I think Del brought him in as back up and as a favour to the out of work former Johnstone player.

I cant imagine anybody justifying a signing as a "Favour"... Del doesnt come across as that type of person. Morris is a good passer of the ball, but at the moment, just better players at the moment.

Killa was neat and tidy no more no less. Like others have said loads of simple 5 yard sideways or backwards passes.

He wont ever dominate a midfield when played in a 4.

Fact is you win and lose games on the strength of your midfield and ours whoever we pick aint good enough.

It's not just our inpet defending that's costing us games. It's the lightweight clowns infront of the them offer no protection at all - and that includes Skuse.

Personally I would rather see 50 sideway passes if we keep the ball.

Far better than hopeful balls forward that give the ball away.

Its too obvious with him though, you know when the ball gets played to him its going sideways before he even touches it.

I thought Foster, Killkenny and Foster had good games. The problem as always is the defence. Ok Elliot as pointed out may have helped out in that area if he had been playing but its there where we are losing games, compounded by the two full back injuries.

didnt rate Kilkenny, slowed the game down too much, Pearson needs a battler like Skuse/Elliott alongside him which left us totally exposed in the middle

I thought he had a good game but I agree with the bit about him slowing the game. I think it’s difficult to play him in a midfield when you have 2 wide players – Albert and Woolford. He’s not really a defensive player, even though he put in some good tackles on Saturday. He really needs to play much further forward which means you need 2 other defensive midfield players behind him, or play him in a 4 - 5 - 1 formation. I'm not really in favour of 4 - 5 - 1 at presents as we've, al last, started to score some goals

He hasn't really been able to play at this level throughout his career and he's what 33 now? He won't improve any time soon. I think Del brought him in as back up and as a favour to the out of work former Johnstone player.

Despite being a former Chelsea club captain and a player who moved to Leeds when they were signing the best young British talent? Yeah, never been capable at second tier level at all....

What did everyone think of Neil Kilkenny's performance yesterday? I thought he looked decent, he got stuck in and played some great passes. Perhaps he could have done more for the last goal though

Carey gave the ball away for the third, trying a simple 5 yard pass, not Killkenny's fault. He was good on the ball but he doesn't get around the pitch as well as Skuse/Elliott and Pearson. I think he was only in the team because Marv got a slight groin strain.

Wrong thread i know but it's the first time this season i have been annoyed at us . Letting Beccio win the header so easily for the second and the way Carey gave the ball away for the third really was school boy football.

Despite being a former Chelsea club captain and a player who moved to Leeds when they were signing the best young British talent? Yeah, never been capable at second tier level at all....

Yeah in the 1990s! I was listening to Radiohead - OK Computer when Jody Morris was knocking about at Chelsea and let me tell you that feels like a fair amount of time ago!

EDIT: And he was made captain of Chelsea by Vialli VERY briefly

Archived