IGNORED

Travel Help Needed

BcfcAllen

I've just moved into the student village at Bristol Uwe about 3 weeks ago and not being allowed to have cars here means i need to find a way of getting to the game tomorrow night. I'd usually get a bus into the city centre and get picked up by a family member who i watch the games with (we're both season ticket holders) but they can't come so I'm planning on going with a flatmate. At the moment our options seem like we either need to walk to Parkway or Abbeywood and then get a train to Temple Meads or Parsons St. and walk from their to the ground and then do the same back. Unfortunately we have workshops until 6pm and so can't leave until about 6:15 and looking on google maps etc I'm not sure we'll be able to do any of these routes in time. At a push we could probably skip the workshop meaning we could leave as early as about 5:15 but i was just wondering if anyone who knows the Bristol area a lot better than us could advise us on how to get to and from the game. I hate missing games and knowing that we aren't home for a while after tomorrow makes me want to be there even more so would appreciate any help. Cheers.

I tried all different ways from Uni, (@ UWE) and the best I found was Abbewood to Parson St. You may need to get a jog on.

Abbeywood is only a 10 minute brisk walk from the top of the student village though, if you go straight to the platform into town by the retail park and MOD

Bus is a no go at all from UWE not sure about other stops. I ended up getting off the bus to jump in a taxi so I'd only miss 5 minutes on about 3 occassions in the season and that was setting off at 5.

The last trains from Parson street are early though and not sure how frequent temple meads to parkway is after 10.

I've just moved into the student village at Bristol Uwe about 3 weeks ago and not being allowed to have cars here means i need to find a way of getting to the game tomorrow night. I'd usually get a bus into the city centre and get picked up by a family member who i watch the games with (we're both season ticket holders) but they can't come so I'm planning on going with a flatmate. At the moment our options seem like we either need to walk to Parkway or Abbeywood and then get a train to Temple Meads or Parsons St. and walk from their to the ground and then do the same back. Unfortunately we have workshops until 6pm and so can't leave until about 6:15 and looking on google maps etc I'm not sure we'll be able to do any of these routes in time. At a push we could probably skip the workshop meaning we could leave as early as about 5:15 but i was just wondering if anyone who knows the Bristol area a lot better than us could advise us on how to get to and from the game. I hate missing games and knowing that we aren't home for a while after tomorrow makes me want to be there even more so would appreciate any help. Cheers.

Im guessing you're a first year?? Just miss lectures mate. Especially for the city. You only need 40% to pass this year. Make the most of it because it gets tough after first year.

Archived