IGNORED

Best And Worst Cb Pairings You Have Seen

Super

as a relative youth, the best I've seen would be Louis Carey and Liam Fontaine in about the 05/06 season, while fonts was still on loan and at the point when in terms of man marking I honestly think Carey was one of the best outside the top division.

Worst; any of your pick from the era of Matt Heywood, David Partridge, Osei Sankofa from what I believe was actually the same season. what a difference that boy Gary Johnson made

Norman Hunter and David Rodgers 1977-79. After Collier left to go to Coventry and Merrick was injury prone and never really proved himself in the top flight, Big Dave won virtually everything in the air and got his share of goals from corners. Although he was prone to the odd howler, when you had the sheer class (not to mention the fact that he was one of the hardest men in the league) of Norman Hunter mopping things and this was in City's most successful period in living memory. Would also give an honary mention to Taylor/Carey 97/98 and Curle/Moyes, but these were performing in the 3rd tier - Aizlewood and Bryant were pretty good around 1990-1992. Difficult to name the worst pairings, as by their very nature they don't (shouldn't) last long - but indivdual names would be Gus Caeser, Julian Watts, Sean Dyche - interestingly these 3 all came with a good pedigree but just seemed poor when playing for us.

Difficult to name the worst pairings, as by their very nature they don't (shouldn't) last long - but indivdual names would be Gus Caeser, Julian Watts, Sean Dyche - interestingly these 3 all came with a good pedigree but just seemed poor when playing for us.

And don't forget Henry McKop and David Thompson...

Archived