IGNORED

Pearson

_Bristol-City_

His defending for their goal was brilliant! His 6 out of 22 passes that reached a lad in red? World class. Must start Saturday.

I like Pearson but i agree he was shocking tonight. Don't know what he was doing for their goal, and then a unmarked header for Henderson. Shocking defending, amateur stuff.

Pearson is very hit and miss (without much hit!!), he fades out of the game for long periods - I am totally baffled that Del sees him as undroppable. A fringe player at best, he does have the odd burst of decent play, which makes me think he might be an impact player from the bench, but that is being generous. To be honest he is generally the poorest of a mediocre midfield bunch.

I didn't even know Pearson was on the pitch till the second half, that says it all for me! he does nothing all game, gives the ball away, poor positional sense, cant pass, can't tackle... the only 1 thing he CAN do is strike a ball reasonably well... which just isn't enough at all! he, along with Fontaine needs to be given a spell on the side lines!!

I've defended him a few times before on this forum, but I can't tonight. While he was on the left I thought he just had a quiet game and didn't do an awful lot wrong, but once he moved into the middle he was dreadful. Didn't do a thing correctly. If he tried to control the ball it would travel a mile, if he tried to play a pass it wouldn't go near a player in red and if he tried to make a tackle he would end up on the floor while the Millwall player trotted away with the ball.

However don't get your hopes up that he won't be in the starting eleven Saturday as I believe McInnes highly rates him and highly appreciates what he brings to the team.

I wouldn't mind a quid for every time he's puts the ball over the bar when in a position to score. He should practice getting his head over the ball !

But he is the only midfielder who gets in those positions. It's massively frustrating he could of had 7/8 more goals last season & 3/4 more this, but I guess if he was better at taking those chances Derby wouldn't of let him go for nowt

I feel compelled to try and defend Pearson on this thread as I said I thought he did alright in the "2nd ball" thread

His touch was poor and gave away possesion but he was only as bad as Kilkenny, he did all Kilkenny's ratting and put his foot in. We looked devoid of anything on the left last night, Derek quite clearly sent the players out to give it to foster to put deep balls into the far post.

Pearson & Kilkenny had bad games last night but what mattered for me was Pearson was trying to get his foot in.

I like Pearson but i agree he was shocking tonight. Don't know what he was doing for their goal, and then a unmarked header for Henderson. Shocking defending, amateur stuff.

And why should Pearson (LM or CM) be marking Henderson (ST) for the goal? wasn't henderson parked between Fontaine and Nyatanga? It wasn't even a corner, the winger was fannying about on the flank for what seemed like an eternity before that ball came in

Archived