IGNORED

The World Coming To An End...

Lew-T

So it seems on here. There is plenty of games left and still time to bring in a couple of defenders on loan. We are currently 14th in the league, what was everybody else expecting? We've had two seasons of relegation battles, we weren't going to turn the corner over night. Del came in having huge pressure on his shoulders to save us from the drop, he's achieved that and now slowly building his team to compete and challenge at the top end of the table. All we need to do is to get right behind Del and team, that's all we can do.

This season I have seen improvements from last year, which is what we want to see ( obviously ) if we can just get a couple of solid defenders in then we are laughing. We have a good keeper in Heaton, very commanding and looks solid. Cunningham, a cracking player! Best signing of the season, just a shame about the injury. Woolford is showing signs of what we have wanted to see for so long, Skuse and Albert are back to their best which is great to see, and we also have the most powerful strike force in the league having the likes of Davies, Baldock Stead and Pitman.

I know it was frustrating tonight but we are heading in the right direction, after all we didn't concede 3 tonight :laughcont:

Let's have a little faith eh?

Exactly. Overall I am very happy with where we are after 9 games. Del is very impressive and has a great eye for a player. I think it is generally agreed that our best six players are Baldock, Heaton, Cunningham, Adomah, Davies and Skuse. Del signed four of those. As you say, add one or two centre backs and we really can start to progress. Some more of the poorer players are out of contract at the end of the season so that frees up yet more wages for strengthening.

If we are in the same league position after 46 games then we should all be happy. Yet some aren't happy now.

So it seems on here. There is plenty of games left and still time to bring in a couple of defenders on loan. We are currently 14th in the league, what was everybody else expecting? We've had two seasons of relegation battles, we weren't going to turn the corner over night. Del came in having huge pressure on his shoulders to save us from the drop, he's achieved that and now slowly building his team to compete and challenge at the top end of the table. All we need to do is to get right behind Del and team, that's all we can do.

This season I have seen improvements from last year, which is what we want to see ( obviously ) if we can just get a couple of solid defenders in then we are laughing. We have a good keeper in Heaton, very commanding and looks solid. Cunningham, a cracking player! Best signing of the season, just a shame about the injury. Woolford is showing signs of what we have wanted to see for so long, Skuse and Albert are back to their best which is great to see, and we also have the most powerful strike force in the league having the likes of Davies, Baldock Stead and Pitman.

I know it was frustrating tonight but we are heading in the right direction, after all we didn't concede 3 tonight :laughcont:

Let's have a little faith eh?

Totally agree. It will take another summer transfer window to get us really challenging but the signings so far are just what we needed. We obviously still need those centre halves and if we can get more quality in midfield next summer we'll be on our way. I wasn't best pleased with tonight's performance but we've definitely progressed.Lets just get to 50 points asap and anything else is a bonus.

Archived