IGNORED

2Nd Ball

UREDS_91

Other than the fact that we need a CB, yesterday highlighted the fact to me that we have no-one in the 'hole' position capable of winning the elusive 2nd ball. Kilkenny should have been the man to do this yesterday but bottled every challenge that came his way on the edge of the area.

We need someone who is willing to effectively be used as a sweeper higher up the pitch capable of winning those loose balls and keeping the pressure on. Kilkenny is not the man to do this, maybe Skuse could plug this gap with maybe Elliot or Morris playing the more defensive role?

What do you guys think?

On the way home last night there was a general agreement with the lads we were missing Cisse. The back four are really exposed by runners from deep. I know Cisse was expensive but maybe it's time to ring him up & see if his demands are now more realistic to our budget.

On the way home last night there was a general agreement with the lads we were missing Cisse. The back four are really exposed by runners from deep. I know Cisse was expensive but maybe it's time to ring him up & see if his demands are now more realistic to our budget.

I said this last night, and I agree with the opening post around not challenging for the 2nd ball...was evident throughout the whole game. Cisse and Skuse together would really help us right now but sadly won't happen..

I felt Kilkenny played far to deep yesterday and he should have been the man threading the balls through to Baldock, to expect him to be someone that puts himself about is naive tbh - though I do agree we need someone to hassle the opposition higher up the pitch and I'd line to see Pearson sacrificed for Morris to do this if we play this formation again. Saying all that the formation clearly didn't work, despite having 3 in the middle there were huge gaps and it was clear from conversations between players and the bench that the players had no clue where they were supposed to be playing.

I thought we could have punished them with someone sat between the lines, for me Kilkenny isn't up to it, and I rarely say that about players, he only puts the shift in we know he can when its against Leeds! That's how it feels at the moment I thought Pearson did alright last night but Kilkenny was sloppy.

IMO its not a personel issue, we have the players that can do damage, if there had been that fight for the second ball, the centre halves wouldn't have been exposed so much

Other than the fact that we need a CB, yesterday highlighted the fact to me that we have no-one in the 'hole' position capable of winning the elusive 2nd ball. Kilkenny should have been the man to do this yesterday but bottled every challenge that came his way on the edge of the area.

We need someone who is willing to effectively be used as a sweeper higher up the pitch capable of winning those loose balls and keeping the pressure on. Kilkenny is not the man to do this, maybe Skuse could plug this gap with maybe Elliot or Morris playing the more defensive role?

What do you guys think?

Good point and exactly what I thought after watching last nights game.

I'd go even further to say that Kilkenny seems to just hang around in the middle waving his arms about until he receives the ball, puts his foot on it and passes it sideways or backwards 10 yards.

I also think that Albert got frustrated by not receiving the ball quickly enough at times, dropped deeper and did more backtracking than he would usually do, subsequently he was knackered for the last 20 mins.

Meanwhile Kilkenny seems to just hang around in the middle waving his arms about until he receives the ball, puts his foot on it and passes it sideways or backwards 10 yards...repeat.

Neil Kilkenny (for me) is very vocal, very work shy and very, very average. We really missed Marvin..

Our defence is poor at the moment for sure, but I just think that Kilkenny did not do the team any favors last night.

Kilkenny is a liability IMO. Only effective in the final third, ends up coming deep far to often and is soft defensively. He's not good enough to be a luxury player the rest of the team carry.

Our midfields effectiveness is based on the sum of its parts than any individual. We don't have a quality box to box midfielder which I think is what we are missing from the middle.

Kilkenny, playing too deep, bottler etc etc. Just how many times is this the case, sooner or later a manager may see that as well!

Horrible to even try and understand what managers see in the guy. He must be a bloody fantastic trainer, as he rarely does owt on the pitch!

Archived