IGNORED

Centre Backs!

Black Rat Lover_89

For me Fontaine needs to stripped of the captains band(and it given to Skuse) as he has been shocking for mostly every game this season, he gives no confidence to the other defenders or goalkeeper with is antics. For example last night 2/3 crosses came over and he seemed to watch the balls flight then just swing a boot at it and completly miss it and luckily Millwall's attacker didnt get on the end of it, in the Leeds game he did exactly the same... attempted a clearence, missed it but this time Diouf was there to tap it in leaving Heaton helpless and without a clean sheet.

Nyatanga wasnt good enough the last 2/3 seasons and it seems he hasnt progressed at all so he aint the answer now! End of!

For me the short term answer is to put back in Carey as he is still are best CB which I know isnt hard but he is just calm and confident and puts everyone at ease and hardly makes a mistake. Next to him I'd like to see Wilson as Carey will help him develope as a player and to be honest for a youngster I think hes pretty good as it is! I know this will mean two right footed CB's and Del has said he dosnt like that but for me its the best option!

As for the long term maybe get a season long loan CB but ovo a decent one if poss... and/or buy a permanent in January aswell(I would like to think Del has targets in mind as he must see thats the poisition we need to better becus everyone else can see it)

Archived