IGNORED

I Know Why Henderson Scored

Rich

It's my fault. During the warm up I gave him a right mouthful.

I remember him playing for Swindon (I think), over by the dugouts he went over the top on one of our young players. The incident has stuck with me but not too much detail on who our player was. So when I had the opportunity, I let him have some, it seemed to ammuse his team mates.

So don't blay Fonts or Nyatanga, it's my fault.

It's my fault. During the warm up I gave him a right mouthful.

I remember him playing for Swindon (I think), over by the dugouts he went over the top on one of our young players. The incident has stuck with me but not too much detail on who our player was. So when I had the opportunity, I let him have some, it seemed to ammuse his team mates.

So don't blay Fonts or Nyatanga, it's my fault.

I must have been right near you. The Millwall players were warming up and heard a (friendly) 'Oi, Henderson', he turned round as did half his team mates as there were very few fans around. What followed was as many swear words you could fit into a sentence and took him by surprise. What did he say back to you, he said something but I didn't catch it? His team mates did laugh but I think it was at you not with you.

If i remember rightly Henderson was on loan to Swindon from some other club (Peterborough? anybody recall who) and nodded two past flapper from corners.

He's one of those bogie players for us, like Dean Windy bum, always guaranteed to score against us. if they brought Windy bum (who i like immensely by the way) out of retirement he would score against City.

Going back to Henderson and having said he's one of our bogie players, one of my most prized City moments is Adriano saving a penalty from him at ashton gate, when Hendo was with Sheffield United

"I asked the Holy Spirit, and He said he go left, so I save the penalty"

Bloody Brilliant. Basso I love you.

I must have been right near you. The Millwall players were warming up and heard a (friendly) 'Oi, Henderson', he turned round as did half his team mates as there were very few fans around. What followed was as many swear words you could fit into a sentence and took him by surprise. What did he say back to you, he said something but I didn't catch it? His team mates did laugh but I think it was at you not with you.

I didn't say they laughed with me, I said it seemed to ammuse them. He retorted with something, so I gave him some more.

Perhaps they did laugh at me, I was dribbling and spitting a bit, I couldn't give a toss, he's a dirty b*****d that deserved a mouthful for assaulting a fellow pro.

Me too. Him and Steve Phillips.

Were I Nogbad, I'd blame Louis Carey for sitting on the bench. Clearly 40 yards away from keeping up with play. :rolleyes:

Ah, Robbo, if you'd read the threads leading up to the Millwall game you'd have seen I was advocating Carey starting.

OK, he made an inexplicable error of judgment for Blackburn's 3rd (or was it 4th?) by booting the ball in to the Dolman when under no pressure and they scored from the resulting throw - in.

And yes, Carey was directly to blame for Leeds' 3rd with that awful pass, and I know he's looked shaky on other occasions this season and had been rightly dropped from the team.

Even then Fontaine has been so consistently shocking that Carey, despite some alarmingly bad performances himself, should have replaced him.

It was the wrong decision by the manager imo., and he should belatedly put this right by including Carey at Leicester.

But not at right back, ever.

Simples...Henderson scores against us because he is the type of Forward who will score against teams with NO recognised Center Half. I remember the time he came on as a sub for Swindle. He ambled over for a corner and Matty Hill (all five foot nothing) was marking him. I remember saying to my mate "oh Sh..ugar are we in trouble. over came the corner, Hill jumped, did'nt reach Hendersons elbow and Henderson scored. To prove that that was'nt a fluke and that City had learnt nothing, The next corner the same happened. No center half to mark him , just Matty Hill. Over came the corner onto Hendersons head ...In the Net . We Never learn. All these years later, we STILL NEED a first ball winning Center Half. SIMPLES DELL-BOY

Ah, Robbo, if you'd read the threads leading up to the Millwall game you'd have seen I was advocating Carey starting.

OK, he made an inexplicable error of judgment for Blackburn's 3rd (or was it 4th?) by booting the ball in to the Dolman when under no pressure and they scored from the resulting throw - in.

And yes, Carey was directly to blame for Leeds' 3rd with that awful pass, and I know he's looked shaky on other occasions this season and had been rightly dropped from the team.

Even then Fontaine has been so consistently shocking that Carey, despite some alarmingly bad performances himself, should have replaced him.

It was the wrong decision by the manager imo., and he should belatedly put this right by including Carey at Leicester.

But not at right back, ever.

You knows I loves you really Noggers. Just having a chuckle about some of our Louis spats in the past.

And for what it's worth, I don't disagree with anything you've written there, mucker.

Archived