IGNORED

Jimmy Savile

Cambridge Batch Red

I worked a placement for 6 months in the late 70's at Broadmoor hospital where Saville was a regular visitor doing 'charity' work. He'd open the fete and be involved in sports day and so on. I was told almost as soon as I got to Crowthorne about Saville and his liking for young girls and how he would entice them into him his private caravan with no other adults present and draw the curtains. Everyone suspected back then that he was abusing some of them but with no complaints and certainly no evidence it was all based on speculation. He had a very dodgy reputation and was very unpopular amongst the staff. I never actually met him but he was frequently the topic of conversation in the social club where his antics were often discussed over a pint or two.

My Grandmother was a supply teacher on the island of Jersey during the 70s. I remember her saying that she worked at that Jersey children's home for just a week before being moved on. I distinctly remember her saying that the children were unusually quiet and well behaved - almost as if they were in fear. I'm pretty sure she put in a report detailing her concerns - as did many others apparently - but they were up against some pretty powerful people with an interest in keeping the goings on a secret.

The BBC have a lot to answer for about this.

They knew alright. But he was a big star for them.

Considering the fact that you made that post 2 weeks ago - before all the revelations of BBC cover-ups and corruption - you've been proven to be absolutely right......

"LONDON (Reuters) - British police investigating alleged sexual abuse by BBC presenter Jimmy Savile launched a criminal inquiry on Friday, saying more than 200 potential victims had come forward since accusations he had preyed on children for decades.

Allegations that flamboyant Savile, who died last year, operated unhindered as a paedophile for years have rocked the publicly-funded broadcaster and have opened the floodgates to accusations against other celebrities.

Cigar-chomping Savile, knighted as a "Sir" by The Queen, was one of the BBC's biggest names, and questions have been raised about whether the broadcaster turned a blind eye to his activities.

Rival channel ITV shattered Savile's reputation as a dedicated charity fundraiser when it broadcast interviews with women who said he abused them when they were as young as 12, sometimes on BBC premises."

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-opens-criminal-inquiry-bbc-stars-child-abuse-162944098--finance.html

.....the Cultural Marxist led BBC are well in the shit now. :banana:

Something tells me I've hit a raw nerve. :cool2: Note that the Reuters news agency - where my latest Savile report emanated from - has a strict policy towards upholding journalistic objectivity - the same can never be said of the BBC these days. :icecream:

No nerves hit at all. I don't work for the BBC, I work for myself.

I just think calling an organisation led by a Conservative Party member "culturally marxist" shows either wilfull stupidity or mental derangement.

HTH :icecream:

No nerves hit at all. I don't work for the BBC, I work for myself.

I just think calling an organisation led by a Conservative Party member "culturally marxist" shows either wilfull stupidity or mental derangement.

HTH :icecream:

Refering to much of the BBC propaganda newsagency's output as 'Cultural Marxist' is correct. The European Union project is a Cultural Marxist construct as well and the Conservtive Party signed us up to that. Your left/right paradigm is not working, the collectivism/individualism paradigm would be more appropriate. Collectivism being the BBC state led propaganda newsagency in keeping with state control advocated by the likes of Hitler/Stalin/Blair etc they are on the collectivism 'left wing'; the extreme individualist 'right-wing' would be total freedom from state control. The Internet being somewhere near the extreme right where there is individual freedom of expression with little state interference.

Refering to much of the BBC propaganda newsagency's output as 'Cultural Marxist' is correct. The European Union project is a Cultural Marxist construct as well and the Conservtive Party signed us up to that. Your left/right paradigm is not working, the collectivism/individualism paradigm would be more appropriate. Collectivism being the BBC state led propaganda newsagency in keeping with state control advocated by the likes of Hitler/Stalin/Blair etc they are on the collectivism 'left wing'; the extreme individualist 'right-wing' would be total freedom from state control. The Internet being somewhere near the extreme right where there is individual freedom of expression with little state interference.

The whole point of the licence fee is the BBC collects it itself. It isn't a branch of the government in the way that, say, Russia Today or Al Jazeera or even the Voice of America is.

So, back your argument up with examples. How does the BBC push 'state propaganda' and in what way does the BBC cheerlead for the EU?

Presumably your idea of a great broadcaster is one with the evening news fronted by Nigel Farrage, punting out only one side of the argument with no editorial balance whatsoever.

Well we know what's in it already, don't we. There are two options - Rippon made a catastrophic error of editorial judgement or he was sat on by those above him.

If it's the latter then I can't imagine he'd keep silent and take the entire rap - and if this was the case, I can't see how Entwistle (head of TV at the time) and Helen Boaden (head of news) can keep their jobs. Maybe more.

Entwistle's assertion that Newsnight had investigated the Surrey Police case and found there to be nothing in it, was misleading - but he can only go on what he was told by Peter Rippon.

Cock-up or conspiracy? You decide!

PS: Bloody glad I never worked on current affairs programmes when I was at the Beeb, although I was surprised to find out from the newspapers that I do vaguely know one of the people who worked on the shelved programme via my time on BBc election night programmes.

So is there any sort of proof yet?

Not really BCR. Everyone seems to have accepted that every allegation must be true.

If you watched the Panorama last night it made a pretty compelling case - by interviewing former colleagues - that Saville was a perv with a liking for very young teenage girls. To me, the hospital stuff and the 'nine-year-old boy' allegations have to be treated with a bit more caution.

I mean, AFAIK the only person saying Savile abused kids in Broadmoor is a female-to-male transsexual who was banged up for 10 years as a criminally insane arsonist.

Her/his story has to be investigated, but I certainly wouldn't treat it as proven yet, as things stand.

Not really BCR. Everyone seems to have accepted that every allegation must be true.

If you watched the Panorama last night it made a pretty compelling case - by interviewing former colleagues - that Saville was a perv with a liking for very young teenage girls. To me, the hospital stuff and the 'nine-year-old boy' allegations have to be treated with a bit more caution.

I mean, AFAIK the only person saying Savile abused kids in Broadmoor is a female-to-male transsexual who was banged up for 10 years as a criminally insane arsonist.

Her/his story has to be investigated, but I certainly wouldn't treat it as proven yet, as things stand.

What is without doubt Entwhistle has come across as somebody promoted far beyond his ability, his performance at the MP's select committee comes across as embarrassingly bumbling and ill prepared, looks and sounds like a dead man walking.

The whole point of the licence fee is the BBC collects it itself. It isn't a branch of the government in the way that, say, Russia Today or Al Jazeera or even the Voice of America is.

So, back your argument up with examples. How does the BBC push 'state propaganda' and in what way does the BBC cheerlead for the EU?

Presumably your idea of a great broadcaster is one with the evening news fronted by Nigel Farrage, punting out only one side of the argument with no editorial balance whatsoever.

I'm glad you've mentioned the hopelessly corrupt and criminal led EU project. There's something very sinister about the BBC as it continues to act as a platform for EU loving Lib-Lab-Con traitor politicians, where's the BBC debate on exiting the EU project? I'm really glad that the BBC is now being talked about and written about in the negative light it thoroughly deserves. Like their corrupt Police and corrupt CPS lawyer contemporaries - that forge statements to hide Police criminality - the BBC thought they were beyond reproach and now they are being exposed at last.

So is there any sort of proof yet?

innocent until proven guilty is the law in this country; although the odds are stacked against him, I still ask myself why now? when hes dead.

innocent until proven guilty is the law in this country; although the odds are stacked against him, I still ask myself why now? when hes dead.

Because he was very clever, he picked on the most vulnerable and then pushed himself into the higher echelons of society, senior figures at the BBC turned a blind eye because he was just about their biggest star and finally as 2 women found out 5 years ago who are the police going to believe a guy who was a big star, huge charity fund raiser and by then a knight of the realm or them and because there is now allegations of a paedophile ring operating within the BBC and some of the perpetrators are still alive, that is why now.

I'm glad you've mentioned the hopelessly corrupt and criminal led EU project. There's something very sinister about the BBC as it continues to act as a platform for EU loving Lib-Lab-Con traitor politicians, where's the BBC debate on exiting the EU project? I'm really glad that the BBC is now being talked about and written about in the negative light it thoroughly deserves. Like their corrupt Police and corrupt CPS lawyer contemporaries - that forge statements to hide Police criminality - the BBC thought they were beyond reproach and now they are being exposed at last.

Don't just make assertions without any evidence, explain by what method you claim the BBC is a 'platform' for Lib-Lab-Con politicians? By having them on Question Time? Well, they do constitute the vast majority of the elected by the populance House of Commons. Some might say, the BBC has featured your hero Nigel Farage much more than somone who gained 3.1% of the vote in the general election should.

BTW where's the Sky News, C4 News or ITN debate about the 'exiting EU project'? You seem a tad obsessed with one media outlet, Gobbers.

goblin your saying the BBC is in the shite but wasn;t it BBC's newsnight and BBC's panorma who orginally broke the news before it was selved,

or do you forget that because it doesn't suit your rants?

But it was also the powers that be at the BBC that decided to shelve it was it not? Any organisation would need to be held accountable if what we are hearing is true. Its almost certain people were covering for him or in on it with him. Either that or the bloke was a criminal mastermind.

But it was also the powers that be at the BBC that decided to shelve it was it not? Any organisation would need to be held accountable if what we are hearing is true. Its almost certain people were covering for him or in on it with him. Either that or the bloke was a criminal mastermind.

I'm not saying that he's slagging off the BBC as a whole but it was a BBC made programme that uncovered things,

You can't hold a whole orginisation reponsable for the actions of one or 2 senior management

I'm not saying that he's slagging off the BBC as a whole but it was a BBC made programme that uncovered things,

You can't hold a whole orginisation reponsable for the actions of one or 2 senior management

Indeed, but with something like this, you have to question everyone associated with Saviles time there, leave no stone unturned. Who's to say the tea lady didn't turn a blind eye? The cleaners? The facilities managment staff? How can anyone at this stage say who should/shouldn't be held accountable?

Worth watching the Panorama special this week on it. Basicly your looking at why did they choose not to broadcast the program. The documentary explains some of it, but your still left with ??? over the genuine reason for shelving it. Protecting a paedo ring or the companies reputation as a whole? Scoop of the year if your correct in your acusations, massive law suit coming if your not.

There is without a doubt the possibility this was an attempt to cover and protect certain individuals. Savile himself was quoted in the program as saying (can't remember if it was specificly regarding paedo allegations) that "if i go down, id take everyone else with me"....what could he mean by that?

Indeed, but with something like this, you have to question everyone associated with Saviles time there, leave no stone unturned. Who's to say the tea lady didn't turn a blind eye? The cleaners? The facilities managment staff? How can anyone at this stage say who should/shouldn't be held accountable?

Worth watching the Panorama special this week on it. Basicly your looking at why did they choose not to broadcast the program. The documentary explains some of it, but your still left with ??? over the genuine reason for shelving it. Protecting a paedo ring or the companies reputation as a whole? Scoop of the year if your correct in your acusations, massive law suit coming if your not.

There is without a doubt the possibility this was an attempt to cover and protect certain individuals. Savile himself was quoted in the program as saying (can't remember if it was specificly regarding paedo allegations) that "if i go down, id take everyone else with me"....what could he mean by that?

it was at the top of the business that needs questions asked of many of whom have probbily left or are knights of the realm,

I agree questions needs answers and I'm a great believer of innocent until proven guilty,

But the way some people are going on you'd of though mob rule was in place,

Law and ordr will prevail in the end, we just need to let justice run its course

it was at the top of the business that needs questions asked of many of whom have probbily left or are knights of the realm,

I agree questions needs answers and I'm a great believer of innocent until proven guilty,

But the way some people are going on you'd of though mob rule was in place,

Law and ordr will prevail in the end, we just need to let justice run its course

Agree with that. The media are having an absolute field day with it. As you say, let justice run its course.

Agree with that. The media are having an absolute field day with it. As you say, let justice run its course.

thats the problem lets not forget the problems we had with the news of the world when they had a viglatie campaign against pedo's you ended with innocent people being trageted,

Archived