IGNORED

Joe Bryan

Monkeh

am i the only one who is opposed to this internationalisation of the game? admittedly english players like joe playing for scotland is nothing new, but when you have brazilians playing for croatia etc it starts to get a bit ridiculous.

didn't marv qualify for jamaica because his grandparents have lived there a while?

in 99 cases out of 100, you should play for the country you are born in, unless you moved at a very early age and grew up there. or, like albert, if one or both of your parents is from there, though even that is debatable. grandparents is pushing it too far.

am i the only one who is opposed to this internationalisation of the game? admittedly english players like joe playing for scotland is nothing new, but when you have brazilians playing for croatia etc it starts to get a bit ridiculous.

didn't marv qualify for jamaica because his grandparents have lived there a while?

in 99 cases out of 100, you should play for the country you are born in, unless you moved at a very early age and grew up there. or, like albert, if one or both of your parents is from there, though even that is debatable. grandparents is pushing it too far.

his grand parets are from jamica he use to send money there every week in the travel agents in portishead (my sister use to work there)

as for fanatic Red you don't have to reply to the post if you don't like it there is no need for the shitty remark

I'll second that, makes a mockery of things.

Re English playing for Scotland being nothing new, I'm struggling to think of too many examples from the past. English playing in Scotland yes.

What are Joe's links with Scotland by the way ?

Re English playing for Scotland being nothing new, I'm struggling to think of too many examples from the past. English playing in Scotland yes.

His Grand Mother is Scotish.

nigel quashie is one that springs to mind, they also called up jordan rhodes recently

to be fair its not as if he's going to get a chance for England is it, he's decent but he's not that good, he would struggle for wales as well due to Bale, if he wants to play international football Scotland is his best chance,

I'm all for it being around the international set up can really help a player improve, I believe it helped Albert with Ghana,

its not as if he's going to get a chance for England is it, if he wants to play international football Scotland is his best chance,

But that's just ridiculous, isn't it?

Either you're good enough to play international football for your own county or you don't play international football at all.

Put yourself in Bryan's position - and I'm assuming - born and bred in Bristol, English parents, always supported the England football team, possibly never even been to Scotland - would your heart really be in it playing for the Jocks?

No doubt they'll be referring to Bryan as 'the Scottish youngster' on the official site soon.

This is almost as absurd as Carey getting a Scottish u.21 cap in a friendly, and what a farce that was.

Either you're good enough to play international football for your own county or you don't play international football at all.

Put yourself in Bryan's position - and I'm assuming - born and bred in Bristol, English parents, always supported the England football team, possibly never even been to Scotland - would your heart really be in it playing for the Jocks?

No doubt they'll be referring to Bryan as 'the Scottish youngster' on the official site soon.

This is almost as absurd as Carey getting a Scottish u.21 cap in a friendly, and what a farce that was.

I was just about to say Louis Carey. I heard a recent interview with him, where he said that he hated the whole experience of the Scotland call up, and even though they wanted him to return for the next match, he politely declined.

I was just about to say Louis Carey. I heard a recent interview with him, where he said that he hated the whole experience of the Scotland call up, and even though they wanted him to return for the next match, he politely declined.

I'm not sure if they wanted him to return or not. Pretty sure he didn't expect another call up but nipped it in the bud anyway by making it known he wasn't keen to continue.

He obviously didn't feel Scottish but either way he's often been referred to as 'the Scotsman' in match reports ever since.

I can't believe his heart's in Scotland at all so how that must rankle for such a supposedly proud Bristolian.

I am born and bred in bristol but my grand parents are Irish so if I had the chance I would pick Ireland as it would give me the best chance to play against the very best in the world,

Scotland will play friendlys against the likes of brazil etc, he is never going to play for england there is 0 chance, Would you like to play on the international stage infront of 60k? or happy just to watch it on the tele?

I have a German grandfather, I often joked about getting called up for the German cricket team. Thing is, if the oppertunity was to arise like that, how could I say no? I'm proud of my family roots and yes I am English first and foremost, but I'd love to represent a country I had ties to! Agree that the system is farcical but for those involved its a big oppertunity.

Barring national pride, international football is a big pointless waste of time. Picks out the over paid, over rated drama queens and leaves the rest behind suggesting they aren't as good and what we get for that is crap boring football. All I want to watch is good old english league football at its best week in week out where the real football is played and the real fans can celebrate with their respected teams

Barring national pride, international football is a big pointless waste of time. Picks out the over paid, over rated drama queens and leaves the rest behind suggesting they aren't as good and what we get for that is crap boring football. All I want to watch is good old english league football at its best week in week out where the real football is played and the real fans can celebrate with their respected teams

Fair enough if that's your view point, but I have seen some fantastic players in England games over the last few years, Robben and schneider for holland this year were just unreal. Not as good a technique as marvin Elliott and Martyn woolford obviously, but they are just ridiculously good.

Archived