IGNORED

London Orient (If They Get Olympic Park)

Always Believesham

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8139858/Leyton-Orient-owner-Barry-Hearn-says-the-club-will-become-London-Orient-if-they-move-to-the-Olympic-Park

Some bold statements in there, and some rash one's

"We are going to change the name of the club to London Orient. We are going to give free season tickets to under-18s in London, students and members of the Armed Forces, and free family season tickets to new residents of the Olympic Park housing"

" We are not interested in making money. It's very handy but we have only managed it once in the last 19 years."

"We are saying to the LLDC they can put someone on the board to make sure that we fulfil our legacy commitments. We are saying that if we are lucky enough to go up the divisions we will pay more rent, and we are also saying that any profits from the sale of Brisbane Road will be directly invested into the squad to give us the chance to succeed."

I've not got a problem with Orient, don't the name change is a bad thing but those comments are just laughing in the face of the new FFP regulations surely?

the article finishes with

Hearn also wants retractable seating installed at a cost of £200million.

"As we have said all along the stadium was badly designed and it does not work for football without seats on the track. Temporary seats will make the stadium look like a mishmash. We can get it right but it will cost money," he said.

Is that tremendously optimistic? arrogant? or a fair assumption because they are a London Club?

it shouldn't be used for football full stop,

if it was it has to go to the local team which is Orient moving West ham there will prolly fold orient in a few seasons

If Hearn did the dishing out of season tickets I think Orient would fold themselves, increasing their attendances to over 20k using free season tickets, the man's off his rocker!

If Hearn did the dishing out of season tickets I think Orient would fold themselves, increasing their attendances to over 20k using free season tickets, the man's off his rocker!

only to under 18's and students, say 30% of that 20k brought stuff from the club food shirts beer etc its still money they wouldn't have coming in before hand, they would also have the money from the sale of their ground (Brisbane Road?) to devlopers which would bring in prolly about 15 to 20 million whcih could see them get into the championship and stay there which inturn would lead to increased gate,

He's a good business man with his head screwed on I doubt the club would fold if they got the park

I think it would be a pretty good move if those who get free tickets spend money on food and drink or maybe buy a shirt that would'nt otherwise have anything to with Orient the club would be quids in.

only to under 18's and students, say 30% of that 20k brought stuff from the club food shirts beer etc its still money they wouldn't have coming in before hand, they would also have the money from the sale of their ground (Brisbane Road?) to devlopers which would bring in prolly about 15 to 20 million whcih could see them get into the championship and stay there which inturn would lead to increased gate,

He's a good business man with his head screwed on I doubt the club would fold if they got the park

I think it would be a pretty good move if those who get free tickets spend money on food and drink or maybe buy a shirt that would'nt otherwise have anything to with Orient the club would be quids in.

Fair enough, if I was ffered a free season ticket to Walsall, I wouldn't turn it down but I wouldn't go week in week out, surely the club has to put on the stewards to deal with every season ticket holder attending?

free season tickets to under-18s in London, students and members of the Armed Forces, and free family season tickets to new residents of the Olympic Park housing.

It must be quota'd but without the financial commitment of trying to get your money's worth I doubt they'd get the attendance's expected

Archived