IGNORED

Back From Leicester

GrenadaRed

I was born in Bristol and brought up in Leicestershire, so spent my youth as a lone Bristol city fan at school. This game has therefore always been important to me. I even took a Leicester fan to the game as I am staying with family, hence my early return from the match.

I had very little positive to talk about to my foxes fan on the way back. Albert was very good, but just had too much to do on his own. At times it seemed like it was Leicester v Albert. Heaton was pretty good and kept trying to release the ball quickly right 'till the end. He also importantly made some very good saves. Skuse at least kept trying even if he lacked quality. Those were probably the only positives. Morris looked very poor today. Perhaps he is too rusty after not having played for sometime,but he gave the ball away too easily and added very little. I have previously defended Pearson, but he was quite shocking today; with woeful passes, no fight and an inability to keep hold of the ball. In the first half their wingers ripped us apart. Carey was too slow and Foster looked slow, weak and out of position. Wilson did better when he came on.

My Leicester friend said the centre halves were not as bad as I had predicted they would be,so perhaps I am being harsh, but Fontaine particularly looked terrible,weak, low on confidence and like a player who would be dropped in any other circumstances. Baldock was poor, but this was probably due to the aimless long balls played at his head. He looked frustrated and rightly so!

The formation did not work either. The players looked uncomfortable with it and at times there were big spaces out wide with the players moaning at each other for not being where they should be.

Sadly the 2-0 score line flattered us. I don't think the end is nigh and we will get relegated. We have some good players and a good management team. We just have some frailties and were outplayed by a better, more expensively-assembled team. Del's big job is going to be rebuilding confidence and getting us to start playing some nice football again. Everyone is worried about the defence, but the midfield is also a problem. Pearson, Kilkenny, woolford, Morris have not been good enough. I hate to say it, but we missed Cisse today.

Come on you reds.

I was born in Bristol and brought up in Leicestershire, so spent my youth as a lone Bristol city fan at school. This game has therefore always been important to me. I even took a Leicester fan to the game as I am staying with family, hence my early return from the match.

I had very little positive to talk about to my foxes fan on the way back. Albert was very good, but just had too much to do on his own. At times it seemed like it was Leicester v Albert. Heaton was pretty good and kept trying to release the ball quickly right 'till the end. He also importantly made some very good saves. Skuse at least kept trying even if he lacked quality. Those were probably the only positives. Morris looked very poor today. Perhaps he is too rusty after not having played for sometime,but he gave the ball away too easily and added very little. I have previously defended Pearson, but he was quite shocking today; with woeful passes, no fight and an inability to keep hold of the ball. In the first half their wingers ripped us apart. Carey was too slow and Foster looked slow, weak and out of position. Wilson did better when he came on.

My Leicester friend said the centre halves were not as bad as I had predicted they would be,so perhaps I am being harsh, but Fontaine particularly looked terrible,weak, low on confidence and like a player who would be dropped in any other circumstances. Baldock was poor, but this was probably due to the aimless long balls played at his head. He looked frustrated and rightly so!

The formation did not work either. The players looked uncomfortable with it and at times there were big spaces out wide with the players moaning at each other for not being where they should be.

Sadly the 2-0 score line flattered us. I don't think the end is nigh and we will get relegated. We have some good players and a good management team. We just have some frailties and were outplayed by a better, more expensively-assembled team. Del's big job is going to be rebuilding confidence and getting us to start playing some nice football again. Everyone is worried about the defence, but the midfield is also a problem. Pearson, Kilkenny, woolford, Morris have not been good enough. I hate to say it, but we missed Cisse today.

Come on you reds.

I said it last season that I think its Del who is out of his depth with tactical & selection errors. Roll on Xmas!

Archived