IGNORED

Leicester Fans Before And After The Game

RobArnold10

Good lord there were some muppets about. Were welcomed by a group of fans by a cash machine staring us out asking us why we're wearing a toilet on our shirt (flew straight over my head too). After the game, a group of them approached me and my mate chanting in our faces "2-0 on your big day out" waving scraves in our faces, generally trying to start something. Took a lot for me not to say to remind them that we've been in this league longer, or that Forest would technically be a bigger day out for us! Walked straight past them to be fair, but there were a couple of groups provoking gently.

Granted it was probably some karma after I phoned my old man with a ton of their fans walking near us and told him categorically that "they're not as good as they think they are, they'll be in for a shock".

Anybody else have problems to/from the ground?

Good lord there were some muppets about. Were welcomed by a group of fans by a cash machine staring us out asking us why we're wearing a toilet on our shirt (flew straight over my head too). After the game, a group of them approached me and my mate chanting in our faces "2-0 on your big day out" waving scraves in our faces, generally trying to start something. Took a lot for me not to say to remind them that we've been in this league longer, or that Forest would technically be a bigger day out for us! Walked straight past them to be fair, but there were a couple of groups provoking gently.

Granted it was probably some karma after I phoned my old man with a ton of their fans walking near us and told him categorically that "they're not as good as they think they are, they'll be in for a shock".

Anybody else have problems to/from the ground?

A big nasty looking character stole my choc ice about a quarter of a mile from the ground.

Leicester fans are like Forest fans, think they're massive, awesome and one of the biggest clubs in the country. Big time Charlies who've achieved sod all since O'Neill left. If they don't get promoted after 2/3 years of throwing silly money around then I will laugh. And no, it's not our Cup final up there either, there's about 10 more attractive teams to face in the Championship this season.

I can remember it going right off in the eighties at the old filbert street. The away section was a small corner at one end of the ground. The old bill tried pushing some small ginger haired kid around. The next thing that happened was something I've never witnessed in all my years watching the City. The entire section of about 50city fans steamed into the coppers. They had to run for their lives and there was coppers helmets all over the floor of the terracing and on the pitch. I can remember a copper saying lets get the **** out of here. They even stopped the coaches on the way home to try and identify those involved.

I can remember it going right off in the eighties at the old filbert street. The away section was a small corner at one end of the ground. The old bill tried pushing some small ginger haired kid around. The next thing that happened was something I've never witnessed in all my years watching the City. The entire section of about 50city fans steamed into the coppers. They had to run for their lives and there was coppers helmets all over the floor of the terracing and on the pitch. I can remember a copper saying lets get the **** out of here. They even stopped the coaches on the way home to try and identify those involved.

That was meant to be 500 not 50.

I posted a while ago that Leicester was the only place i've come unstuck unlike the op I did bite massivley outnumbered but took a few out before getting a hiding.

I was half tempted to bite, but it would have been idiotic, although me and my mate can handle ourselves there was about 10 of them, plus more floating around. We just went for the day out (though I'd hardly call it a big day out), few beers and a good laugh, apparently we're not allowed that anymore!

I posted a while ago that Leicester was the only place i've come unstuck unlike the op I did bite massivley outnumbered but took a few out before getting a hiding.

I can remember their "baby squad" coming unstuck big time s couple of years ago, when they beat us 3-0 in the cup at Filbert street.

In a pub called Rat and Parrot I believe, giving it the big un to family Family friendly City fans....

They got blasted

I can remember their "baby squad" coming unstuck big time s couple of years ago, when they beat us 3-0 in the cup at Filbert street.

In a pub called Rat and Parrot I believe, giving it the big un to family Family friendly City fans....

They got blasted

I remember that game a load of Leicester lads geting patched up in the ambulance coming out looking Terry Butcher. Can't really remember them coming to BS3 in any big numbers certainly not in my time. Mine though was with a few mates not in to fighting so bailed and left me in the shit never did come with us again. My problem back then was I thought I could take on the world as Emienem once said young dumb and full of cum.

That was the day before the game when one of there so called hardmen walked into the pub full of City and started singing leicester songs, not for long!

City fans were fighting each other in the ground and there were stretchers near the pitch, memory not all there but think it was hartcliffe and southmead. nil nil the score.

That was the day before the game when one of there so called hardmen walked into the pub full of City and started singing leicester songs, not for long!

City fans were fighting each other in the ground and there were stretchers near the pitch, memory not all there but think it was hartcliffe and southmead. nil nil the score.

What Southmead,surely not,according to some on here its a gas stronghold,and coming from southmead myself (I was at that game)seem to remember a coach load of cockneys being at the game,they would turn up from time to time for a punch up with the police.We were classed as worse than the red army(man ure)in the papers.

Was there Yes Hartcliffe & Southmead fightihting thing this was due to the boring football that day Remember the chants from the 2 sides of the away end Hartcliffe one side, Southmead the other then it all kicked off, the Leicester fans & police didnt know what to do

We were the ones with the massive scarf

Was there Yes Hartcliffe & Southmead fightihting thing this was due to the boring football that day Remember the chants from the 2 sides of the away end Hartcliffe one side, Southmead the other then it all kicked off, the Leicester fans & police didnt know what to do

We were the ones with the massive scarf

You could be right I'm thinking about 78-79ish.

They got blasted

That was after about 70 or so city were allowed to leave the pub by the station and ran straight through a park and in to a pub!!

Archived