IGNORED

Ik Brage- Bristol City 25 July 1979.

Garland-sweden

Found a poster 2 days ago. IK Brage is my team in Sweden. The town is called Borlänge, 50 000 people lives here. Its 250 km north of Stockholm. Its an industrial town with a big steel factory that the whole town is dependent of. The result was 0-1. City the winner. Was not in the town when the game was played. But talked with a friend of me, Berndt Ljung, he was the goalkeper in IK Brage at that time. IK Brage was in second division at that time. 1979 Brage won the leauge and got promoted. 2004 Reading was here in pre season. IK Brage-Reading 0-4. Manager in IK Brage was Ljung and in Reading Copell, sometimes the world is small

Found a poster 2 days ago. IK Brage is my team in Sweden. The town is called Borlänge, 50 000 people lives here. Its 250 km north of Stockholm. Its an industrial town with a big steel factory that the whole town is dependent of. The result was 0-1. City the winner. Was not in the town when the game was played. But talked with a friend of me, Berndt Ljung, he was the goalkeper in IK Brage at that time. IK Brage was in second division at that time. 1979 Brage won the leauge and got promoted. 2004 Reading was here in pre season. IK Brage-Reading 0-4. Manager in IK Brage was Ljung and in Reading Copell, sometimes the world is small

How are they doing at the moment and have they got any decent centre halves ?

We went to Sweden for the last tour, had a brilliant time.

Wonder if any and if so how many went to Sweden back then? Would have been more difficult without budget airlines.

PolskRed: About 35 of us for the last game in Stenungsund (11-1) and probably about 50 people for the two earlier games against IFK Gothenburg (1-1) and Helsingborgs IF (0-4). Remember your wife was pregnant at the time. Quite a few pics from the tour on Scandinavian Branch page at Facebook, just scroll down using the link (don't need to be a member of Facebook).

Cheers

Tommy

http://sv-se.faceboo...ch/223102736214

PolskRed: About 35 of us for the last game in Stenungsund (11-1) and probably about 50 people for the two earlier games against IFK Gothenburg (1-1) and Helsingborgs IF (0-4). Remember your wife was pregnant at the time. Quite a few pics from the tour on Scandinavian Branch page at Facebook, just scroll down using the link (don't need to be a member of Facebook).

Cheers

Tommy

http://sv-se.faceboo...ch/223102736214

It was a quality trip, had a great time. Any ideas how many went in 79?

Brage is now midtable in the second division. Same as City in England. The standard of Swedish club football is low. The best players in Sweden go abroad. Think we have 300 players playing in other leuges. Dont think any player in IK Brage wouid be in the starting 11 in an English leauge one team. A team called BK Häcken from Gothenburg, they play in the highest division. They arrange the biggest youth tornamant in the word, Gothia cup. They have scouted many young african players. Buy them cheap and sell expensive. The topscorer in Sweden plays in BK Häcken, its only a matter of time he will go abroad. Greece, Holland, Turkiet or Germany I think. Those are the countries where many Swedes play Also in Denmark and Norway the money is better there. Today Sweden won vs Färöarna 2-1. Zlatan 1 goal and 1 assist. Only 1 player plays in the Swedish leauge. Sweden has always got good defenfenders. So City maybe could scout for a cb in Sweden. Talking about defence Uruguay have the best defence in the world Imo. Bernt Ljung was a smoker but not any more. Now he got another job and is not involved with football anymore. He made 1 cap for Sweden vs Portugal 0-1.

Brage is now midtable in the second division. Same as City in England. The standard of Swedish club football is low. The best players in Sweden go abroad. Think we have 300 players playing in other leuges. Dont think any player in IK Brage wouid be in the starting 11 in an English leauge one team. A team called BK Häcken from Gothenburg, they play in the highest division. They arrange the biggest youth tornamant in the word, Gothia cup. They have scouted many young african players. Buy them cheap and sell expensive. The topscorer in Sweden plays in BK Häcken, its only a matter of time he will go abroad. Greece, Holland, Turkiet or Germany I think. Those are the countries where many Swedes play Also in Denmark and Norway the money is better there. Today Sweden won vs Färöarna 2-1. Zlatan 1 goal and 1 assist. Only 1 player plays in the Swedish leauge. Sweden has always got good defenfenders. So City maybe could scout for a cb in Sweden. Talking about defence Uruguay have the best defence in the world Imo. Bernt Ljung was a smoker but not any more. Now he got another job and is not involved with football anymore. He made 1 cap for Sweden vs Portugal 0-1.

Surely there's more money in Sweden than Greece ?

Archived