IGNORED

Baseball

Eco

6-0 down, 9-7 up, we knocked Washington out the cup...........

Sometimes baseball is just bloody brilliant!!

When I checked the score this morning I was surprised the cards had won. When I went to sleep nationals were 6-3 up, and before the 3rd looked like the nats would get a lot more than 6 and be game over by about the 5th.

What a crackin job Lincecum did out of the pen tonight. He's a busted flush as a starter but looks a different bloke in relief.

Even if he does look like a ugly version of a Hanson kid.

With Cain starting game 4, do you agree it looks a big ask for the Tigers from here?

Are you guys talking in secret code?

Ha Ha, that's a fair call!!

What we are basically saying is that Detroit is leaving to many men LOB during the series, especially with RISP.

Their BA for the series is an appalling .165 and an OPB of .248 also suggests they are not drawing enough BB and getting too many K's.

This is odd given the hitting firepower of Triple Crown winner 3B Miguel Caberera and 1B Prince Fielder.

SF on the other hand is offensively solid with a reasonable BA .240 and a SLG of .385. They just seem to get XBH in the clutch, leading to crucial team R and handy RBI’s for the batters.

Of course 3B Panda Sandoval (BA .636 for the series!) hitting 3 HR in a single game (4th time ever in the World Series) may have helped.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/2012_WS.shtml

Sorry for any confusion and hope that helps :thumbsup:

Perhaps the worst ever sport I have seen live. Saw the Oriels v Cleveland and also a supposed cracker as Seattle beat the Yankees 3-2 with 2 home runs coming with the last hit of the game. Both a few years ago. It's a vastly inferior sport to cricket (of which I am no massive fan).

Was in Manhattan in 2009 for the Yankees victory parade with ticker tape falling from the skyscrapers which was pretty cool. Other than that awful sport.

Perhaps the worst ever sport I have seen live. Saw the Oriels v Cleveland and also a supposed cracker as Seattle beat the Yankees 3-2 with 2 home runs coming with the last hit of the game. Both a few years ago. It's a vastly inferior sport to cricket (of which I am no massive fan).

Was in Manhattan in 2009 for the Yankees victory parade with ticker tape falling from the skyscrapers which was pretty cool. Other than that awful sport.

Fair enough, each to their own.

Kinda of liked it a bit when I was younger but only really got into it properly when I moved Down Under. They show it a fair bit on the telly down here.

After a watching a few games started getting into the real details, nuances and long history of the sport. Went to 5 games in 3 different cities on a trip to the US in June and am addicted!

Also a cricket freak/geek so maybe that helped as well..........

Have to say congratulations to the Giants. It was shocking enough that the Cards offense folded after going 3-1 up in the series but since that point SF have done a fantastic job. One would argue the Cards shouldn't have even got that far after the Wild Card debacle but it was so frustrating having seen the fightbacks to then see us collapse completely.

Free Agency may not be kind to us - Lance Berkman sat out pretty much all of 2012 but he could be useful to pick up and in the last year of his contract Kyle Lohse has had the best year of his tenure.

Ha Ha, that's a fair call!!

What we are basically saying is that Detroit is leaving to many men LOB during the series, especially with RISP.

Their BA for the series is an appalling .165 and an OPB of .248 also suggests they are not drawing enough BB and getting too many K's.

This is odd given the hitting firepower of Triple Crown winner 3B Miguel Caberera and 1B Prince Fielder.

SF on the other hand is offensively solid with a reasonable BA .240 and a SLG of .385. They just seem to get XBH in the clutch, leading to crucial team R and handy RBI’s for the batters.

Of course 3B Panda Sandoval (BA .636 for the series!) hitting 3 HR in a single game (4th time ever in the World Series) may have helped.

http://www.baseball-...n/2012_WS.shtml

Sorry for any confusion and hope that helps :thumbsup:

Got it, thanks for the explanation :)

Have to say congratulations to the Giants. It was shocking enough that the Cards offense folded after going 3-1 up in the series but since that point SF have done a fantastic job. One would argue the Cards shouldn't have even got that far after the Wild Card debacle but it was so frustrating having seen the fightbacks to then see us collapse completely.

Free Agency may not be kind to us - Lance Berkman sat out pretty much all of 2012 but he could be useful to pick up and in the last year of his contract Kyle Lohse has had the best year of his tenure.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121106&content_id=40186466&vkey=news_stl&c_id=stl

Don't think Lohse will come back mate. Someone will offer him a multi year deal and at 34, he'd be a looney not to take it. Looking forward to how Kelly, Miller and Rosenthal develop next year.

Archived