IGNORED

Jennison Myrie-Williams

formerly known as ivan

Anyone else watching the port vale game?

I know its league 2 but jennison appears to have grown up a lot. Very mature in his play, picking the right time to pass or take players on with a few bits of skill. Probably most impressive has been his work rate and tracking back, couple of last ditch tackles.

What a wasted talent. Shame it took him so long to sort himself out.

I was forced to watch it as my house mate is an Oxford fan. The game itself was absolutely abhorrent (seriously, we moan a lot but we're spoilt) but you're right, MW was decent.

That said, he was playing against a team that's been missing seven first team players all season and the mismatch with Capaldi in the second half was embarrassing for everyone. He was a stand out player but didn't really do anything to prove to me that he should be playing at a higher level.

I agree Pope looked really dangerous and wouldn't be surprised to see him make the step up if he can maintain his form.

I was impressed by JMW, along with Vincent they looked like a league 2 Albert and Woolford at the start of the season

I thought McCombe was useful too for Vale, not suggesting he'd be a target by any stretch of the imagination but a balanced squad, a bit of faith in themselves and a high quality goalscorer in Pope and an industrious midfield will take them to at least the play-offs (barring injuries)

Good to see an old boy playing well and enjoying his football, even if he had to step down a level to do it

I thought it was a decent game to watch and Port Vale looked excellent going forward. Long may lower and non-League keep thriving, wean some kids off the totally predictable Premier League and 'Champions' League. I'm old enough to remember City playing at that level, somewhat less skillful, but some enjoyable games and interesting places to visit.

Archived