IGNORED

Thanks To Bristol City Fc / Mike Parsons (My Father)

Dorset_Cider

Hi everyone,

I would like to thank everyone at Bristol City FC......................they have been brilliant.

Last Wednesday my Father (83 years old), a lifetime Bristol City FC supporter, passed away.

This is not exactly news (an 83 year old passing away) but due to circumstance and elements of conversations with my Father prior to his death, I contacted the Club.

All at Bristol City FC have been very kind and through their gestures they have brought light & joy to our family in this sad time for us.

When we talk of why we support a particular club it really gets brought home to you when you are left to continue living your life without those that greatly influenced you and are no longer there to share the joy and heartache of following a club such as Bristol City FC.

Joy & Heartache, that is what we all know at BRISTOL CITY FC …… it lifts us, it brings us down but we still believe and we still follow (even blindly at times). That is what we are about and it is why we are really are strong, even if we are moaning about how things are going for our Club.

Regarding my Father……. ‘Mike Parsons’….. He was always ‘Proper Bristol’ you know the kind…

Bristol City FC was his love & passion…..but would always look out for the gas (I never really understood that) but then it was all about being from ‘Bristol’ for my Dad.

Dad supported the City, His Dad & Mum supported the City, me and 3 of my brothers support the City, two of my sons & one of my brothers sons support the City…….. You get the picture.

And do you know what I’d bet you any money that there are thousands of other people that have lost loved ones over the years that totally understand just why ‘WE ALL SUPPORT THE CITY’

So to the Club I again thank you.

And to all of you the Williams Stand isn’t so bad

I will not be the last to make such a post but for now celebrate the life of my Father and Bristol City FC the football club he loved.

Thank you all

WE SHINE ‘UP THE CITY!’

David

Dorset_Cider

P.S. Yes I did well up a bit :)

RIP Mike, obviously Red through and through.

Can you elaborate on this, be nice to know what our club has done, we are so often seen a bad light but in this case clearly some good has been done !

but due to circumstance and elements of conversations with my Father prior to his death, I contacted the Club.

My condolences to you & your family for your loss Dorset,

My father finally sucombed to the big C back in June (aged 82) and he was same in the 50's.........would watch City one week and Gas the next altho he was always a city fan mostly and in the early 60's began to travel to away games with the advent of better cars & motorways etc ...............

My parents were married on xmas eve 1949 and after the ceremony ALL the males went to AG to watch City play while the Females made sarnies for the reception (food & money was still short in '49)

I hope the same historical family connections to our club continues well into future generations for all our supporters.....

without it we will all fade away into the history books

R.I.P. Mike

My late father did the same. He worked for BAC in Filton, so Eastville was a quick jaunt for him.

He was always quick to take the piss out of the Gasheads though and used to scotch any talk of groundsharing by saying that the costs of disinfecting after they'd left the Gate would be higher than any fee they'd ever pay us.

RIP Mike and my condolences to Dorset Cider and his family.

My thoughts are with you & your family Dorset_Cider. I know how you are feeling right now.

My father passed away last month (09/09/12) he was also a Bristol City fan, I will for the rest of my life remember when

my dad took me to Ashton Gate for my very first Bristol City game at Ashton Gate v Spurs in 1978. Thank heavens for fathers.

RiP Mr Parsons

Archived