IGNORED

Dortmund Link

Welcome To The Jungle

Reading the appointment to the academy my first thought was all English white trash. We seemed to be very happy burning even more pounds. We qualified and all it took was burning even more £:s and we did it - again! We can not sign Messi but we can sign the best youth developers in the world on track record but did we? No we were just happy to prove the world we could burn even more £:s.

Reading the appointment to the academy my first thought was all English white trash. We seemed to be very happy burning even more pounds. We qualified and all it took was burning even more £:s and we did it - again! We can not sign Messi but we can sign the best youth developers in the world on track record but did we? No we were just happy to prove the world we could burn even more £:s.

White trash? Are you part American and dislike people who live on trailer parks! What goes on in your head Mr Sweden! :laugh:

Any interesting names on the list of appointments? No. We could have done so much more but were proud just to tell the world we manage to waste even more money and most of all to qualify.

I would have had Benny Lennartson Here in a shot to oversee the whole shebang.

But I bet you cannot name the best youth coaches around the globe without googling? Most of these roles are filled by people you would never have heard of and are not "names" I couldn't tell you if the guys in charge of Youth at AG are good or not, time will tell. But your nationality does not determine if you are a good coach or not, that is for certain. Just because your are English or British doesn't automatically mean you coach the "British" way.

I would have had Benny Lennartson Here in a shot to oversee the whole shebang.

But I bet you cannot name the best youth coaches around the globe without googling? Most of these roles are filled by people you would never have heard of and are not "names" I couldn't tell you if the guys in charge of Youth at AG are good or not, time will tell. But your nationality does not determine if you are a good coach or not, that is for certain. Just because your are English or British doesn't automatically mean you coach the "British" way.

I can not as I'm not a professional in the business but give me two hours and I would find out. Who are the head of recruitment for the number one Spanish and German pedigree club? 5 seconds. We need to go by track record to start with. Exaggerating should be seen as a wake up call. Not happy people are happy.

I can not as I'm not a professional in the business but give me two hours and I would find out. Who are the head of recruitment for the number one Spanish and German pedigree club? 5 seconds. We need to go by track record to start with. Exaggerating should be seen as a wake up call. Not happy people are happy.

yes you can go that. but how does that help Bristol city? They will never be in a financial, or a successful enough state to poach these high pedigree coaches, so finding there names will be great, but doesn't help.

Of course you also need the talent to teach, you cannot polish a turd. If you get a youngster who shows promise, the top clubs will have them away in no time, and since the value of these players is virtually nothing, now these new academy's have been put in place, why even bother developing the youth? may as well let the big clubs waste their money training and educating them, then we pick up their cast offs on a free.

makes perfect sense to me, no academy costs, no education cost, just take of the big teams, and let them bring through their own players for a change. It may enable the smaller clubs to save a little money as well.

personally I would like us to scrap the academy save some money on costs education and wages. Take on some released talent. There is absolutely no reason to have an academy any more. The financial gain that used to be their has been removed completely to allow the Premier league to cherry pick any talent you produce for bugger al.

We could compete for the best if we had the ambition.

We are not signing Messi.

We should set up a youth academy in Romania.

And have the best taken off our hands by the top Premier League teams for a paltry £75000! I like the idea you put forward, and it would have been good in the past.

If you want to invest in Youth, do it when you have got to the Prem, just not the money in it nowadays to make it worthwhile. Premier League made sure of that!

Why do we need to go to Dortmund for youth players? I thought we had an academy of our own? (which seldom produces 1st team players I know) but that's not the point. Wouldn't it better for the future of English football in general if we concentrated on our own youth instead of going abroad all the time?

Sorry to put a negative spin on this but this is the first thing that came to mind after reading the op.

And have the best taken off our hands by the top Premier League teams for a paltry £75000! I like the idea you put forward, and it would have been good in the past.

If you want to invest in Youth, do it when you have got to the Prem, just not the money in it nowadays to make it worthwhile. Premier League made sure of that!

If the best developers are on our side we would beat off most prem. sides.

£75,000 would strengthen our position as a pedigree club for the future.

If the best developers are on our side we would beat off most prem. sides.

£75,000 would strengthen our position as a pedigree club for the future.

Well if we cannot keep hold of them, then how do we progress with them, it means we still have to pay our for the recruits we need now. £75000 for the odd star will not have covered their training boarding and education costs. We are heading down a slippery slope because we are not in the Prem.

I believe, and I am probably wrong, I usually am. That if you want to invest in youth, invest in your first team first. then get to the promised land so you an utilise the academy system as it seems to have been set up in this country.... for the profit of the elite teams!

poor old Crewe will screwed right over, probably the best team in the uk for producing talent, what is in it for them now, i suspect they will or may have already pulled out of the academy system! (I don't even know if they were in it in the first place! :))

Dortmund german champions. Every game they have almost 80 000 people in the ground. Sud kurve the most passionate supporters in the world. Bayern and Schalke 04 puts mutch money in their clubs. In Dortmund the middleage was 23 and they were the champions. It shows that a club can make progress with youth and talend. The best 200 000 11-17 years kids are under training by 20 000 managers. Over that they have 1000 manager who are bosses. The germans was not good in 2002 and therefore something have to be done. And alredy 2006 the results were coming. 2012 the germans plays one of the best football in the world. Totalfootball we say in Sweden. Lot of options when they have the ball. You dont know who you should mark they are everywhere when they have the ball. Glad that City have a connection with Dortmund, the germanns are on the right track Imo. They sorted out the economical crisis in the clubs and its cheap to watch Bundesliga. In their Bundesliga they have the biggest crowds in the world. Finally that Sweden got one point, 4-4, in Berlin was a miracle. Have never seen a team so outplayed until 4-0.

Dortmund german champions. Every game they have almost 80 000 people in the ground. Sud kurve the most passionate supporters in the world. Bayern and Schalke 04 puts mutch money in their clubs. In Dortmund the middleage was 23 and they were the champions. It shows that a club can make progress with youth and talend. The best 200 000 11-17 years kids are under training by 20 000 managers. Over that they have 1000 manager who are bosses. The germans was not good in 2002 and therefore something have to be done. And alredy 2006 the results were coming. 2012 the germans plays one of the best football in the world. Totalfootball we say in Sweden. Lot of options when they have the ball. You dont know who you should mark they are everywhere when they have the ball. Glad that City have a connection with Dortmund, the germanns are on the right track Imo. They sorted out the economical crisis in the clubs and its cheap to watch Bundesliga. In their Bundesliga they have the biggest crowds in the world. Finally that Sweden got one point, 4-4, in Berlin was a miracle. Have never seen a team so outplayed until 4-0.

I just think it's great that we have the Swedish connection. You and bristolcitysweden always make very knowledgeable posts about European football that us Bristolian folk know very little about.

Best league in the world to watch, far superior for the fan in every way. (Other than winning Euro cups). The Germans don't know how good they got it. Give me their league over the English leagues, Spanish leagues and the Italian leagues any day.

Seen st pauli several times now, great fans even if the team isn't up to much, even accepted me as a little Englander watching their team. Every time I have been. The whole day has been brilliant, capped off by a set of fans that support the team from beginning, to end no matter how good or poor the performance.

God I wish our league/fans/costs and over all enjoyment of the whole football day was even half as good as the German experience.

St Pauli have a hot dog train that goes around there press boxes every 15 minutes and the hot dogs are included in the price of the ticket, If SL or DaveL is reading. Hint.Hint free hot dogs more fans

St Pauli have a hot dog train that goes around there press boxes every 15 minutes and the hot dogs are included in the price of the ticket, If SL or DaveL is reading. Hint.Hint free hot dogs more fans

Don't they also have lapdancers in the corporate boxes? They are based in Hamburg,

Archived