IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse

Randy Marsh

Was the difference between relegation and survival last season. We wouldn't have stayed up without him. We need an exact replica of him if we are to survive this season. Bolton wouldn't have got anything out of today if we were 2 up with him on the park.

Whether he wants to come back or not we should be begging him this week - if only for a contract until the end of the season.

Said when he walked it would be a HUGE blow to us and some disagreed. I think it's showing.

Was the difference between relegation and survival last season. We wouldn't have stayed up without him. We need an exact replica of him if we are to survive this season. Bolton wouldn't have got anything out of today if we were 2 up with him on the park.

Whether he wants to come back or not we should be begging him this week - if only for a contract until the end of the season.

Said when he walked it would be a HUGE blow to us and some disagreed. I think it's showing.

Ohh, I thought it was Amougou that kept us up.......

Am I right in saying he went on trial to Bolton and they decided against signing him ? If he is so good why has no one signed him up ?

The back four certainly don't get the protection they did when Cisse was playing last year. I fully agree that either Skuse or Pearson must be sacrificed. Personally I'd prefer the former as at least Pearson chips in with the occasional goal and gets up and down the pitch better.

Every team needs a tackler in midfield do we actually have one? Yes we can blame the defence but the amount of goals we concede with midfielders not tracking runs is alarming

We have Skuse but he isn't enough. When he has a poor game, the defence has zero protection at all and - although I like the understated things he does, with the best will in the world he isn't a big intimidating beast who can stop a 14 stone forward bearing down on our penalty box at full speed. Skusey's tackles are more of the carefully timed nicking the ball of the feet of a hesitant opponent than a red-blooded challenge sort.

Skuse has saved our bacon on too many occasions to number, but he has limitations. We need a stopper. We need an intimidator. we need a Cisse.

Cisse and Elliott in the middle is what we need, Pearson needs to be dropped to the bench, useful player to have as he pops up with a few goals and assists.

We did seem to have a good balance with both of them in the middle of the park over the previous 2 seasons. Cisse dropping back allowed Marv to get forward a bit. Shame Cisse left us but as the previous poster says no point having someone in the team who clearly does not want to be there!

Every team needs a tackler in midfield do we actually have one? Yes we can blame the defence but the amount of goals we concede with midfielders not tracking runs is alarming

Added to that, we don't have a midfielder who can win a header (whilst Marv is injured). It all piles pressure onto the back four.

How the manager thought that midfield and front two on Saturday was going to be physically strong enough to win a Championship game is beyond me. It's too easy to blame the defence, who have made mistakes but get little to no protection.

Added to that, we don't have a midfielder who can win a header (whilst Marv is injured). It all piles pressure onto the back four.

How the manager thought that midfield and front two on Saturday was going to be physically strong enough to win a Championship game is beyond me. It's too easy to blame the defence, who have made mistakes but get little to no protection.

we went 2-0 up so it worked to a degree, its not as if we are rolling over losing 3-0 every week,

Remember the standerd of football being played with Cisse in the side

Everyone was critical of the boring 4-5-1 formation and defensive football lack of creativity and also said they'd rather lose 3-2 then win 1-0 playing boring football

Well thats what you are getting its what you wanted live with it

If we still had him now, it'd be nice. Cisse-Elliott-Danns, maybe with Cisse deep, ball winning and simple distribution, drive of Elliott and Danns better on ball than what we currently have decent balance. Oh what could've been...

That would have been a good Championship midfield that would probably help get us a top 6 finish if we had a half decent defence behind them.

Could've done a great job for us. Even with our current back 4 it'd surely have offered more protection than our current mid and we'd be lower midtable maybe.

Marvin Elliott still has not replicated his form of 5 years ago but with Danns and Cisse around him he could have really sparked up once more. Why did we let Cisse go?

Marvin Elliott still has not replicated his form of 5 years ago but with Danns and Cisse around him he could have really sparked up once more. Why did we let Cisse go?

This is it. Don't see him (Elliott) as strong enough in a 2 man Centre mid at this level, but in a 3 man mid with players like that to offer protection, balance maybe. Letting Cisse go could be the issue that costs us our place in division.

Didn't let him go! Offered him new deal on less £'s so he walked.

That's as good as letting him go though, isn't it? Clearly the club didn't think he justified the contract he originally signed for, so offered him less when it ran out.

Cisse obviously wasn't happy with that and looked for a contract elsewhere. Can't say I blame him, as imo he should have had far more game time than he did and rarely let us down when he did get on the pitch.

All water under the bridge now though, but this will go down as one of those strange cases when a player seemed to be far more valued by the fans than by the club.

Cisse was also majorly ****** about by Millen, who wasn't selecting him even when fully fit and others were injured/out of sorts. The impact he made on our season once McInnes arrived and started picking him, particularly away from home cannot be underestimated! He gave the team a solid spine, playing ahead of the centre backs and breaking up play. We miss him enormously. Considering the fact that we gave Morris a deal, and resigned Louis and Pearson, makes not meeting him at least 'half-way' now seem like a tremendous own goal. These players, ie genuine defensive/ anchor midfielders, are arguably rarer than the lesser spotted creative midfielder!!!

Cisse was also majorly ****** about by Millen, who wasn't selecting him even when fully fit and others were injured/out of sorts. The impact he made on our season once McInnes arrived and started picking him, particularly away from home cannot be underestimated! He gave the team a solid spine, playing ahead of the centre backs and breaking up play. We miss him enormously. Considering the fact that we gave Morris a deal, and resigned Louis and Pearson, makes not meeting him at least 'half-way' now seem like a tremendous own goal. These players, ie genuine defensive/ anchor midfielders, are arguably rarer than the lesser spotted creative midfielder!!!

Agree 100%.

If Del was told to drop x% off of all the players contracts that were expiring then sorry but that's been a daft way to go about it - to me, don't sign Pearson and or Morris means we can afford kaliffa - if other players don't like it you know where the door is ! The back 4 are crying out for a kaliffa cisse just sat in front cutting out attacks, getting his foot in and supplying simple distribution !!!

Agree 100%.

If Del was told to drop x% off of all the players contracts that were expiring then sorry but that's been a daft way to go about it - to me, don't sign Pearson and or Morris means we can afford kaliffa - if other players don't like it you know where the door is !

Thing is, if you do that you end up with an unhealthy discrepancy in wages.

Let's say, for sake of argument (I have no idea what the real figures are), that Skuse, Morris and Pearson all command £5k pw but Cisse demands £10k. Either you have 3 players all earning the same as one another or you have two where one earns twice as much as the other for doing the same job. You may value Cisse at twice the others but it sets a precedent and if Skuse is playing in the same midfield as Cisse he'll want to know why he's not worth £10k pw too. Then you either have an unhappy player or, if you relent, you find yourself paying £20k per week for 2 players when you could have had 3 for £15k pw. And then Cisse may wonder why he's no longer getting more than a player previously considered inferior.

And yes, Skuse could leave but then you have only £5k pw to attract another Championship quality midfielder when they know that Cisse is getting £10k.

Archived