IGNORED

Kevin Davies

wayne allisons tongues

How do you defend against him, all game moaned and bitched at the ref. Stands still when ball comes to him sticks out bum and gets a foul. Ref was very lenient towards him today, and think a few times let him get away with stuff.

Chris eagles good player just wish he would stay on his feet and not look for fouls non stop.

How do you defend against him, all game moaned and bitched at the ref. Stands still when ball comes to him sticks out bum and gets a foul. Ref was very lenient towards him today, and think a few times let him get away with stuff.

Chris eagles good player just wish he would stay on his feet and not look for fouls non stop.

Kevin Davies horrible player, could easily have been sent off today, thought the ref was very lenient with him.

Chris Eagles was quality today as for KD conned the ref all day , foul every city who was in a yard of him . A real donkey and this bloke played for England !!!

Didn't we try to sign Davies years ago before he went to Bolton and he said he would never sign for a team like Bristol City or am I confusing him with someone else.

Chris Eagles was quality today as for KD conned the ref all day , foul every city who was in a yard of him . A real donkey and this bloke played for England !!!

Didn't we try to sign Davies years ago before he went to Bolton and he said he would never sign for a team like Bristol City or am I confusing him with someone else.

No your right I think he was at mighty Chesterfield at the time

The thing is with Davies everytime he makes a challenge for the ball in the air he gives the referee a decision to make. If you're lucky and you have ref on your side then he quickly becomes pointless, if you suffer the same luck we did today and have a referee who was clearly in some way related to Davies then he gets away with all sorts. To counter that your centre half will copy what Davies is doing, as Louis did today, and the fouls then start getting given in Davies' favour. Im pretty sure I'm correct in saying that almost every season he was in the Premier League, he commited the most fouls, but also suffered the most fouls.

Eagles and Afobe were extremely irritating and spent the entire match diving on the floor and trying to do the referee's job for him.

Kevin Davies is no mug, plays the Shearer and Dalgliesh role perfectly, pulls in the defender on the blind side, the contact looks like it was instigated by the defender. Very clever player. Not particularly dirty either, just robust. Cracking leader of the line, my only gripe, should score more.

I have no complaints about the bloke, Carey needed to be more clever and wasn't

It is easy to say the ref was biased but today some of the decisions he gave to bolton werent given to us when they did the same, climbing to win a header, pulling shirt/ holding onto another player worst ref ive seen so far this season but hey ho he's the one who has put in the effort to earn £50,000 a year

Kevin Davies is no mug, plays the Shearer and Dalgliesh role perfectly, pulls in the defender on the blind side, the contact looks like it was instigated by the defender. Very clever player. Not particularly dirty either, just robust. Cracking leader of the line, my only gripe, should score more.

I have no complaints about the bloke, Carey needed to be more clever and wasn't

did u seriously just mention kevin davies, alan shearer and kenny dalgleish in the same sentence?!

did u seriously just mention kevin davies, alan shearer and kenny dalgleish in the same sentence?!

yep, all of them great at drawing the foul when they are the one fouling! Not sure what you see different. I never once mentioned their ability with a football, as that would be a little silly.

Kevin Davies horrible player, could easily have been sent off today, thought the ref was very lenient with him.

Wears his heart on his sleeve. You need a player like that in your own team; someone who is prepared to put a shift in.

Horrible player tags should be reserved for players like Robbie savage, El Haji Diouff, etc. Either one of which I'd have had in my team. They may well be feral but they're OUR ferals. Davies would walk into your first team judging by what I saw yesterday.

Wears his heart on his sleeve. You need a player like that in your own team; someone who is prepared to put a shift in.

Horrible player tags should be reserved for players like Robbie savage, El Haji Diouff, etc. Either one of which I'd have had in my team. They may well be feral but they're OUR ferals. Davies would walk into your first team judging by what I saw yesterday.

He should have been in our first team, the reason Joe Jordan quit the second time he was here was because the board would not sanction his signing Davies from Chesterfield when Joe had set the deal up. Imagine that Kevin Davies and Joe Jordan coaching him?.

I don't think he is a 'horrible' player at all - he is a very clever player...gives his all like you say. He isn't the most talented player so uses his strengths, the problem was he hardly every actually got fouled but went over very easily and his arms were all over our defenders. However, this is not always how ref's see it and therefore gets the free kick and que by far the best player on the pitch Eagles to use his strengths on the free kick. It was frustrating to watch everything get give to Bolton yesterday, but as i said he played to his experience and knowledge to get what he wanted, would like our 'bigman' taylor to learn a few things from someone like Davies.

Started this thread, basically wondering how do you play him. All game myself my son and guys sat next to us watched Davies and said he's unplayable due to way he plays and way ref was reffing the game.

I think one year he was most fouled player in prem league but also gave away the most, which sums him up. Depending on who's ref and how they see it depends on if he gets all or nothing each game.

Just frustrating to watch but is kind of player you would love in your team.

Kevin Davies - say what you like,has been giving 100% for Bolton for a decade.

No dummy spits/assaults/drink driving and a talismatic figure.

A real leader on and off the pitch.

Shame his opponent yesterday is the exact opposite in the dressing room.

Cor, this Fontaine bashing is going a bit far...

Archived