IGNORED

Opinions On Pearson?

CiderArmyy

Other teams looking in to our squad must think he's one of our best, most consistent players since he plays week in week out.. why i'm not so sure.. he can't tackle, he can't head he doesn't exactly defend well he never makes that defence splitting pass, I personally think he's one of our worst players in the squad.. The only few things I'll give to him is he is fairly versitile can play LM and CM.. and scored the odd goal here and there..

And with Elliot and kilkenny out tomorrow, looks like he will be starting again tomorrow..

Agree. Not really sure what he brings to the team. Skuse is only a little better, too, in my opinion. I would like to see Elliot and one of Kilkenny or Morris once they're fit. For now I suppose it has to be Skuse and Morris. I think we need a new CM more than we need a new CB at the moment.

Other teams looking in to our squad must think he's one of our best, most consistent players since he plays week in week out.. why i'm not so sure.. he can't tackle, he can't head he doesn't exactly defend well he never makes that defence splitting pass, I personally think he's one of our worst players in the squad.. The only few things I'll give to him is he is fairly versitile can play LM and CM.. and scored the odd goal here and there..

And with Elliot and kilkenny out tomorrow, looks like he will be starting again tomorrow..

Spot on. Yes it's great he pops up in some decent forward positions and gets the odd goal, but overall he is woefully lacking as a CM player.. gives away possesion cheaply all the time. But Del clearly rates him highly so barring injury (and as he doesn't ever tackle, that's not likely) we are stuck with him I fear.

I like the guy, but not in a 2 man central midfield.

He doesn't have the attributes or the quality on the ball to play in this position IMO and it's one of the reasons we don't keep possession and are always under pressure. He was better for us last season either left hand side or left side of a central midfield 3.

Like him a lot. Agreed he is in a bad patch but if he didn't have a bad patch he is unliklely to be at Bristol City.

We have a midfielder with a respectable goal return, who does work hard in games, who is one of our only players to make late runs into the box, and fills in in defence and attack.

Let's not forget it seems his marriage was sacrificed being here and is a perfectly valid excuse for loss of form. Even off form I think he's a better option than most others which may be the reason his continued selection. In light of what has happened in his personal life lately to tarnish him a 'Tony Dinning' is short-sighted, insensitive, and trigger happy.

The guy has one good game in four. i know at the moment he has personal problems with his misses and this could point to his bad performances of late but for me the most critical thing is his ability to give the ball away frequently.

He does get into some good positions from deep but blazes over more often than not. i think Del likes having the versitile option of playing him on the left and then pushing him into the centre when requested so it makes him a valued squad member in Del boys eyes but at the moment hes just not pushing the right buttons.

Is playing poorly at the moment, but he is a decent player. Never going to be a world beater, but a decent player at this level. McInnes is obviously a big fan and appreciates his work rate, attitude and ability to put his foot in. Can sometimes be extremely sloppy on the ball, but this is countered by his ability to arrive late in the box and grab a goal (almost unique for a City midfielder over the last few years). Whether he and Skuse is a strong enough midfield to play at this level in a 442 is highly debatable, but at their best they are probably our strongest combination. The problem is that neither is at their best at the moment and the ideal man to bring into a team shipping goals (Marv) is injured.

His biggest problem if his form doesn't pick up soon comes in the form of the manager's treatment of him. He clearly rates him and likes having him in the team, but if he continues playing as he is at the moment and always remains in the team large portions of the fan base may turn on him if they feel he is receiving preferential treatment. (Note how many Pearson threads have been started after the last few games).

He is a strange one. He plays well for the big games but goes missing in others, the only reason why I think he's in the team is because he can score goals. The only central midfielder we have who can. I do like the bloke though, always gives 100%.

Is playing poorly at the moment, but he is a decent player. Never going to be a world beater, but a decent player at this level. McInnes is obviously a big fan and appreciates his work rate, attitude and ability to put his foot in. Can sometimes be extremely sloppy on the ball, but this is countered by his ability to arrive late in the box and grab a goal (almost unique for a City midfielder over the last few years). Whether he and Skuse is a strong enough midfield to play at this level in a 442 is highly debatable, but at their best they are probably our strongest combination. The problem is that neither is at their best at the moment and the ideal man to bring into a team shipping goals (Marv) is injured.

His biggest problem if his form doesn't pick up soon comes in the form of the manager's treatment of him. He clearly rates him and likes having him in the team, but if he continues playing as he is at the moment and always remains in the team large portions of the fan base may turn on him if they feel he is receiving preferential treatment. (Note how many Pearson threads have been started after the last few games).

one of the reasons I started this thread because imo he escapes some critiscm, with the usual culprits always to blame.

Archived