IGNORED

Fonts Pulled Calf

Aipearcey

been a big critic of fontatine this season but this game seemed to alright and this shows how we concede 2 fire goals after he goals off.Also really makes you wonder if didn't give Carey another year surely could of used those wages for *not saying he was on high wages ) towards the new defender that we reportedly countless times couldn't afford the wages of each target.

Yes because we defended fantastically once he had gone off...

By the sounds of it - and yes, I wasn't there - we didn't defend well all night. Again.

However Fonts however has been responsible for leaking at least one goal per game all season - sometimes more - and the only way we were seemingly going to shift him from McInnes's line-up was for him to get injured, which, conveniently, he just has been.

By the sounds of it - and yes, I wasn't there - we didn't defend well all night. Again.

However Fonts however has been responsible for leaking at least one goal per game all season - sometimes more - and the only way we were seemingly going to shift him from McInnes's line-up was for him to get injured, which, conveniently, he just has been.

First of all that is an exaggeration.

It would be impossible for me to argue that Fontaine has been anywehre near his best this season as he hasn't and he probably should have been dropped at some stage (for his own good if nothing else). However I thought he and McManus defended reasonably well last night, although Fontaine was once again sloppy in possession. They had no protection from the midfield and Burnley's two wingers got the better of our fullbacks all evening, so for us to have only conceded one at the time Fontaine got injured suggests the two centre halves played quite well (apart from the first goal).

To me it just looks a bit silly when somebody can be happy that Fontaine is injured when in the only football we have seen without him we have conceded 3 in 35 minutes.

First of all that is an exaggeration.

It would be impossible for me to argue that Fontaine has been anywehre near his best this season as he hasn't and he probably should have been dropped at some stage (for his own good if nothing else). However I thought he and McManus defended reasonably well last night, although Fontaine was once again sloppy in possession. They had no protection from the midfield and Burnley's two wingers got the better of our fullbacks all evening, so for us to have only conceded one at the time Fontaine got injured suggests the two centre halves played quite well (apart from the first goal).

To me it just looks a bit silly when somebody can be happy that Fontaine is injured when in the only football we have seen without him we have conceded 3 in 35 minutes.

I don't think it's far off one collossal clanger per game, BR, but I certainly wouldn't ever say I am happy that one of our players is injured (I know others had and it was to them your post was addressed).

Fontaine's probable enforced departure from the first XI does at least force McInnes to assess his defence options, limited as they are. And Fonts, as you note, may benefit from a spell away from the action.

Do you subscribe to the view posted here that Fonts was at fault for their first goal?

I don't think it's far off one collossal clanger per game, BR, but I certainly wouldn't ever say I am happy that one of our players is injured (I know others had and it was to them your post was addressed).

Fontaine's probable enforced departure from the first XI does at least force McInnes to assess his defence options, limited as they are. And Fonts, as you note, may benefit from a spell away from the action.

Do you subscribe to the view posted here that Fonts was at fault for their first goal?

He could have done better in the play that led up to Austin finding himself through on goal, but it certainly wasn't a massive error. McManus not stepping up when Fontaine attempted to clear his lines and therefore playing Austin on side was also to blame. I heard someone in the ground attempting to blame Fontaine for his failed block when charging back to the goal, I really don't see what more he could have done there to be honest. He threw his body at the ball and got unlucky, on another day he would have managed to get more of his body behind the ball and manage to get it out for a corner.

Fonts didn't have a bad game tonight own goal aside. I'm not a fan of his by any stretch of the imagination but we conceded 3 when he went off.

Yeah fair point.

Strange as he seemed a lot better than he has been on late, still not great yet when he went off we looked even worse! Worrying times, it really did look so desperate last night.

Archived