IGNORED

Bristol City - Unluckiest Club In The Country?

Lew-T

unlucky? Dont be silly. Only ourselves to blame.

Not just this season. We're the only team in the England to be relegated 3 times in a row, we've lost two play off finals, stadium looking unlikely, Cop out, David James, cheesely injury, 4 different managers in the last 5 years etc.

You're not unlucky if you choose to sign players like Jody Morris so they can drift about pointing in random directions all game while doing very little until conceding an inevitable soft 94th minute free kick. Luck has absolutely nothing to do with that. Signing a has been like Jody Morris rather than moving heaven and earth to rebuild the central defence is not fortuitous, it is wilfully feeble.

As someone else said, just not good enough, end of. Ample opportunity to do a better job of this and just not done so. We've been throwing away matches like this for 3 or 4 years now, it would be spectacular if it wasn't predictable. The only surprise was that Liam Fontaine wasn't on the pitch or responsible for their winner as it's the sort of thing he's perfected this season.

One other thing - why is it we pass with so little pace cross-field? Whenever Skuse is involved in us switching play we routinely lumber the ball slowly sideways, either with zero pace or looped up and down, giving zero opportunity to play a winger into any space and giving opponents every opportunity to cover. The passing is laboured, the defending is non-existent. At least we can score.

Just poor I'm afraid.

If it wasn't for drinking, pubs, train journeys and mates, following city for the past 25 years has been on the whole a chore.

The sad thing is I genuinely love my club and felt so sad and angry Saturday and even worse now. I sometimes wish I could walk away and not care.

Not just this season. We're the only team in the England to be relegated 3 times in a row, we've lost two play off finals, stadium looking unlikely, Cop out, David James, cheesely injury, 4 different managers in the last 5 years etc.

Ummm, wolves did it as well.

Just poor I'm afraid.

If it wasn't for drinking, pubs, train journeys and mates, following city for the past 25 years has been on the whole a chore.

The sad thing is I genuinely love my club and felt so sad and angry Saturday and even worse now. I sometimes wish I could walk away and not care.

Recently a post was made that you can not be considered a City fan until you wish you weren't which was the best definition I ever heard.

Thing is we can't and we won't walk away. We all know where we lack of quality is, it is up to the manager to sort it. Lets hope he now gets on with it!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, were are all those ***** after the Blackburn game saying "Great game, that will bring the crowds back" And some of us got pilloried for being too negative ,preferring a 0-0 draw?

Why aren't the stands packed?

Eh?

Eh?

I said that, and you were right. Thought it was a one off at the time. Hindsight eh?

Archived