IGNORED

Cole Skuse

DayRider1984

All i can say is what a waste of space!

All he does is pass sideways and backwards. Cant or doesnt tackle and very rarely tracks back.

He doesnt protect the back 4 and yet he doesnt create anything so can someone please tell me why he is in the team?

Just because he is bristolian doesnt mean hes good enough! first player we need to get out the team if we want a chance at winning games!

was an absolute joke how he got man of the match. I accept the rest of the team werent great but we might get somewhere if he wasnt in the team!

All he does is pass sideways and backwards. Cant or doesnt tackle and very rarely tracks back.

He doesnt protect the back 4 and yet he doesnt create anything so can someone please tell me why he is in the team?

Just because he is bristolian doesnt mean hes good enough! first player we need to get out the team if we want a chance at winning games!

was an absolute joke how he got man of the match. I accept the rest of the team werent great but we might get somewhere if he wasnt in the team!

You've confused Skuse with Morris.

Skuse did plenty tonight, if you can't see that then I don't believe you were at the game - or at least if you were, you don't know what you're watching.

Skuse did plenty tonight, if you can't see that then I don't believe you were at the game - or at least if you were, you don't know what you're watching.

thanks for your input Mrs Skuse.

Oh i was at the game unfortunately! Only been a season ticket holder for the last 15 years!

well yes he did plenty of sideways and backwards passing! He brings nothing to the midfield, morris was rubbish to i agree but imo skuse hasnt performed for a while and needs to be shown the bench!

Yet again the Cole Skuse fan club voted for the boy wonder as MOM. Absolutely farcical.

Although he wasn't our worst player tonight, the faith in him shown by so many is just bewildering. Except backwards and sideways passes I just can't see what he brings to the team.

Yet again the Cole Skuse fan club voted for the boy wonder as MOM. Absolutely farcical.

Although he wasn't our worst player tonight, the faith in him shown by so many is just bewildering. Except backwards and sideways passes I just can't see what he brings to the team.

Fully agree

Probably get slated but we desperately need Elliott back in this team.

Morris was shocking, Skuse trying to be playmaker and holding midfielder on his own made him look worse than he was.

Yes, though just had an Operation so will be out for a while

I assume you're on some sort of wind-up.

If you want to compare the 2 central midfielders tonight, Morris is waaaay ahead of Skuse.

Skuse was incredibly poor. How he was given MOM I'll never know. In my opinion MOM was either Davies or Morris.

Morris spent a lot of time tonight telling Skuse what to do and where to go. Skuse has no idea how to track his runner. Countless times tonight he was caught out with a simple run from midfield (as I've tried to point out many times on here). I honestly don't know what people are seeing to continue to defend him?

I knew there would be some people on here tonight slating Morris. In the 2nd half he made a couple of errors and the crowd started groaning but for the majority of the game he was at least attempting to be both creative and destructive. The amount of headers he was never going to win due to his size but managed to at least put the opposition player off. The amount of times he was battling for the 2nd ball. One in particular in the 2nd half when McManus fluffed a header in our box, Morris was in the right place to ensure he was able to battle for the 2nd ball and make the clearance.

You might like to recall that it was Morris whose industry and creativity created the corner from which we won the penalty. I didn't see Skuse influencing the game in any way whatsoever. When under pressure Skuse would help the ball on to nowhere. A number of times tonight Morris received the ball under pressure and had the nouse to retain the ball and play his way out of it. He battled all day, ran all day, and was at least attempting to create and retain the ball. Skuse did none of this.

Please go and buy the dvd of the game and watch it again.

dont like having a go at people, especially that your older than me, but have you ever played football? do you seriously think its as easy as looking forward and going "there's a player in front of me, let's pass to him" if the players are marked, and there's someone who is right in his face, he has to pass the ball backwards, unless you would prefer to play forward and lose the ball

Skuse offers nothing and my concern is that season after season,we've relied on either him or Elliot to dominate central midfield. Over this entire period win or lose our possession stats are appalling which inevitably leads to the issues we have either upfront or currently defensively. Elliot can win the ball and is better tracking back but can't control the ball or pass. Skuse has better ball control. That's it. He does f all else.

dont like having a go at people, especially that your older than me, but have you ever played football? do you seriously think its as easy as looking forward and going "there's a player in front of me, let's pass to him" if the players are marked, and there's someone who is right in his face, he has to pass the ball backwards, unless you would prefer to play forward and lose the ball

Well yes i have played football at various levels. Surely playing a pass under pressure is what he is paid to do? what do you expect the opposition to do, just stand off and let him pass it where ever he likes? oh wait thats what we do when they have the ball!

maybe i should question your knowledge of football. im not asking for a Lampard but surely he should be confident in his ability to look up and play a pass forward to one of his team mates. Theres plenty of players who could pass it sideways and backwards (lee johnson was good at that to).

He has and always will be the "jack of all trades and master of none" imo.

No first touch, also with the side ways passing. Built like a broom handle. Not one through ball or imaginative pass. Skuse all day long for me

I'm confused. You've just described Skuse?

Please tell me when Skuse played an imaginitive ball forward tonight? Please tell me when he tracked his runner? Skuse is good at receiving the ball in space and helping it on either 10 yards sideways or 10 yards backwards. And before you say that's all good for ball retention, he usually passes it before he attempts to draw a man and so the next player he passes to is immediately under pressure.

For me tonight, Morris was both getting in peoples faces, battling for the 2nd ball and showed he could control and pass a ball when under pressure. You're possibly referring to the 5 minute spell at about 60-65 minutes where Morris made a couple of mistakes, but aside from that he was one of our better players out there tonight. Did you not notice how he created the corner which resulted in our penalty. Please please please tell me what Skuse did tonight that influenced the game in any way? I'd really like someone to tell me?

I'm confused. You've just described Skuse?

Please tell me when Skuse played an imaginitive ball forward tonight? Please tell me when he tracked his runner? Skuse is good at receiving the ball in space and helping it on either 10 yards sideways or 10 yards backwards. And before you say that's all good for ball retention, he usually passes it before he attempts to draw a man and so the next player he passes to is immediately under pressure.

For me tonight, Morris was both getting in peoples faces, battling for the 2nd ball and showed he could control and pass a ball when under pressure. You're possibly referring to the 5 minute spell at about 60-65 minutes where Morris made a couple of mistakes, but aside from that he was one of our better players out there tonight. Did you not notice how he created the corner which resulted in our penalty. Please please please tell me what Skuse did tonight that influenced the game in any way? I'd really like someone to tell me?

Be fair Harry, Skuse had a shot in the first half that was only 10 yards wide.

He was poor tonight and he hasn't been anywhere near his best since he came back from injury. I rate Skuse highly, but sometimes he really fails to stamp his authority on games and tonight was an example of that. How he got MOTM I do not know.

However, he still was much, much better than his midfield 'partner'. I really want Morris to be a good player as he could possibly give us something we lack, but for the third time out of three he was poor.

As people know I was a lee Johnson fan but he wasn't half as bad as skuse yet he got pelted week after week.

Do you mean the lee Johnson that sits on kilmarnocks bench week after week? The lee Johnson that all Kilmarnock fans consider shite?

Do you mean the lee Johnson that sits on kilmarnocks bench week after week? The lee Johnson that all Kilmarnock fans consider shite?

What's kilmarnock got to do with it. I stated that had Johnson performed like skuse has he would of got pelted on here but golden boy seems to get away with any criticism when he really is awful.

Just out of curiosity what's the obsession nowadays with people saying about only passing sideways or backward? If that's the only option surely it's better than just lumping the ball forward and hoping somebody gets on the end of it! I for 1 rate Skuse he's IMO worthy of a place in the side

Just out of curiosity what's the obsession nowadays with people saying about only passing sideways or backward? If that's the only option surely it's better than just lumping the ball forward and hoping somebody gets on the end of it! I for 1 rate Skuse he's IMO worthy of a place in the side

I have no problems in retaining possession & yes sideways & backwards is something thats needed sometimes.

But time and again Baldock & Davies to a degree were making runs off the shoulder of last defender waiting for someone to make the killer pass. Unfortunately the pass never arrived.

All our midfield did was slow the game down. A couple of times we had the chance to play a quick ball out wide & stretch Burnleys defence but no our midfield slowed it down, passed it backwards/sidewards. So annoying!

As an aside we should put a camera on Baldock and play it to team to show them the runs he makes!

Archived