IGNORED

Morris And Derek

JammyOne

I never want to see this guy in a City shirt ever again. Honest to god, I've never seen a worse performance from ANYONE.

He's not a box to box midfielder, he doesn't challenge any players, he's not a play maker or that great a passer of the ball, he doesn't win anything in the air.

So what does he do? Nothing apparently.

I do blame Derek Mcinnes also, at the end of the first half he had the chance to correct midfield and take Morris off. Who for? I'd say Taylor or J Wilson to play in midfield. Either of those players could have played a central midfield role heaps better than Morris did last night.

I won't scream for Derek's head just yet, let's give him a chance to put it right but I'm not impressed with his performance of late.

I never want to see this guy in a City shirt ever again. Honest to god, I've never seen a worse performance from ANYONE.

He's not a box to box midfielder, he doesn't challenge any players, he's not a play maker or that great a passer of the ball, he doesn't win anything in the air.

So what does he do? Nothing apparently.

I do blame Derek Mcinnes also, at the end of the first half he had the chance to correct midfield and take Morris off. Who for? I'd say Taylor or J Wilson to play in midfield. Either of those players could have played a central midfield role heaps better than Morris did last night.

I won't scream for Derek's head just yet, let's give him a chance to put it right but I'm not impressed with his performance of late.

think Foster ran him close last night...not much in it, I grant you!!

Really thought he could be the answer to some of the problems. I thought getting stuck in and having a range of passing was what his game was all about, certainly wouldnt expect him to be box to box at his age. Wasn't at the game last night, but it sounds then like he was far from what we do need.

So is it fair to say the players needed to fix this rot are not currently at the club?

He can't be fit though as he's not had a run in the team so judging him now is a bit premature.

I do agree with the observations about his twitter account though, loves a drink and a night out in west London.

Still, I'd like to see him have a decent run in the team because I'd to find we bought another player that isn't as good as what we already had!

I actually thought he did ok. The trouble is you can't chuck in a player that has played very few games and expect him to be sharp and fully championship level match fit. The same could be said of Mcmanus (3 games this season) M Wilson and Bryan.

Yes I have to agree. I felt Morris was a highlight esp. in first half. And as with other players who have not been getting first team action they need games to get sharp and match fit. and when are we going to see J Wilson partner McManus?

I actually thought he did ok. The trouble is you can't chuck in a player that has played very few games and expect him to be sharp and fully championship level match fit. The same could be said of Mcmanus (3 games this season) M Wilson and Bryan.

I'm with you there, first half especially he didn't do a great deal wrong. His first touch was poor as others have said, though.

I told you that saints had had the best of morris and that he was past it . St johnstones midfield has improved with the loss of jody . The one thing i know about mciness though , is that he is not stupid and if you can see what's wrong so can he . If he has identified targets and they aren't brought in , is it his fault ? He will be as frustrated as you all are . If its his tactics and subs that are wrong as well as the players hes brought in , then get shot . Just dont come in for lomas !

I watched Morris in the friendlys in Scotland before the start of the season and you can see how poor and hopeless he is, on the pitch he talks a good game but that's all, every manager will sign a rubbish player and I hope this is Del Boy only one, he only signed for one season so bye bye at the end of the season but a shame we are going to waste wages on the donkey

I thought he was pretty poor last night. However he was better than v Leicester where he was truely awful. I agree that he must be rusty, but having seen him twice recently I can't help thinking that this move is going to work out much better for him than it will for the club.

Well we haven't got a Gerry Gow, Paul Hartley or a Bobby Hutchinson type player in the club just swapping like for like Johnson,Kilkenny and now Morris on the Ashton Gate pension plan.

i'm not expecting a Paul Scholes double but at least someone who looks like they have a chance to impress something of them selves on the game so he was better than he was at Leicester City big deal so from being awful to below standard is ok ????

A Neil Danns style player would have been a much better signing but being small fry in this league unless City offer stupid money the players will go to the bigger clubs especially with relegated ex Prem clubs and their huge Sky pay- off money to play with for a couple of seasons...

Would have liked to have seen Henri Lansbury in a City shirt instead of a Forest one but have to make do with Danger mouse Morris....

Archived