IGNORED

Pantomime Season

Chivs

A confession.

I really enjoyed last night's game! Of course, I was bitterly disappointed by the last minute (or technically the last minute + 1) goal but I've got to the stage where I'm revelling in the surreal performances. 7 goals and we still can't win at home!

I'm treating these games like a visit to the pantomime. We started off with Liam Fontaine and the Seven Dwarves. With Foster, Wilson, Bryan, Baldock, Morris etc our average height must be around 5ft3.

For Burnley's third all of AG shouted out "He's behind you" and Foster replied "Oh no he isn't", and we shouted "No he's really ****ing behind you". And...you get the point.

The East End enjoyed their audience participation when they pointed out to Burnley that they'd messed up from a 3-1 advantage. Strangely, almost everyone else knew, with absolute certainty, that the pantomime dame was going to score a winner. And so it came to be.

Watching McManus or Fontaine try to pick out one of our players was like watching a panto horse. All legs and no coordination.

So, enjoy it whilst you can. Del might rub his lamp and conjure up a centre-back genie. Then we'll be watching Chekhov...

And finally for those people asking for Del's head: are you mad? Do you think the road to the Premiershit is paved with gold? Of course it isn't. Del is a relatively young manager, still finding his feet. Give him time, we will succeed with him. Oh yes we will.

Archived