IGNORED

Supporters' Club & Trust Writes To 14 Local Mps

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

The Bristol City Supporters' Club & Trust has called on MPs in and around Bristol to support Early Day Motion 573 calling on the government to permit limited trials of safe standing at selected football grounds.

This motion, effectively a petition among MPs, was tabled by Roger Godsiff, a Birmingham MP and long-time supporter of safe standing, last week. Any EDM that attracts 100 or more signatures is regarded as a success and gives the issue a higher profile in parliament. Later this year, on December 11th, there is then going to be a formal presentation to MPs in Westminster, again calling for trials to be allowed. Peterborough and, today, Aston Villa have both offered their grounds as sites for such trials. Sunderland, Derby, Hull City and, as of today, Crystal Palace all also support the safe standing concept.

hannover_visit_1_006_cropped_410.jpg

An example of a safe standing area - sorry about the colour!

Whether you personally prefer to sit or stand, if you think fans ought to have the right to a choice and that fans like our own in East End ought to be fully embraced and not merely tolerated, please use this simple tool to e-mail your MP and ask him/her to support the EDM. All you have to do is type in your name and postcode and it will find your MP for you:

More details about our letter, including a link to a PDF copy of the full text can be found here.

All done,

now hoping that a few more City fans will support me at the Sky AGM on Thursday 1st November 2012

to get more Games broadcast LIVE on Sky.

Free transport to London and free grub after the AGM for those who want to attend the Sky AGM with me.

This above offer does ALSO include those who DON'T want City games LIVE on Sky.

Good effort there having a good debate on talksport about safe standing right now they raise some good points for and against it.

I sent an email to my MP earlier - sent her one about 5 years ago and she rejected the case for safe standing so will be interesting to see her stance now.....

Be interested to hear these good points against it? I've not one in probably 8 years of a strong interest in the subject....

I sent an email to my MP earlier - sent her one about 5 years ago and she rejected the case for safe standing so will be interesting to see her stance now.....

Be interested to hear these good points against it? I've not one in probably 8 years of a strong interest in the subject....

I'm fully behind safe standing but hearing from people phoning in who were at Hilsborough I can fully understand why they don't want it. The only way to convice these people is to trial it and prove it can work. There was also a few people who argued that going to games at Wembley and the Millenium stadium they felt unsafe being pushed along with huge crowds as they were leaving the grounds and with even more people added to that it could be even worse.

I'm fully behind safe standing but hearing from people phoning in who were at Hilsborough I can fully understand why they don't want it. The only way to convice these people is to trial it and prove it can work. There was also a few people who argued that going to games at Wembley and the Millenium stadium they felt unsafe being pushed along with huge crowds as they were leaving the grounds and with even more people added to that it could be even worse.

How can you be pushed when you a barrier infront of you, and a barrier behind you?

The hillsbrough "excuse" Against it is completly ineffective now. How many accidents has there been due to standing in the Eastend?

People need to look at Germany. Look at statements from their safety officers.

Blagdonred, is there a template letter knocking around that people can send to their mps?

Who was your mp? Also what were her reasons?

I wrote to good old dawn about 5 years ago to, she never replied to my email. She never received my vote at the next election, I was hoping they were going to canvass and I could explain why I was not going to vote for her.

The 2 points they aised; 1) Hillsborough - in short standing played no part in this so it is irrelevant. Anyone who understands the proposals will be aware we are not going back to the days with large terraces, fences and very few crush barriers. It is essentially just making safer what is currently in place, I've lost count of the injuries I've sustained watching city in the EE from falling over the seat in front when celebrating; a barrier on each row prevents this.

2) I don't understand the relevance or the point. So we don't want to see an increase in attendance at games???? What a load of rubbish, laughable really.

Who was your mp? Also what were her reasons?

I wrote to good old dawn about 5 years ago to, she never replied to my email. She never received my vote at the next election, I was hoping they were going to canvass and I could explain why I was not going to vote for her.

Kerry McCarthy (Bristol east) - Will have to dig out her letter but off the top of my head she cited several "positives" that have happened since all seater stadiums were made law for top 2 divisions (obviously she didn't understand the proposals as stadiums will still be all "seaters") such as rising attendances and more women and children going to games. Obviously, the introduction of safe standing areas will further increase attendances so both points are weak but understandable given the lack of knowledge....

The 2 points they aised; 1) Hillsborough - in short standing played no part in this so it is irrelevant. Anyone who understands the proposals will be aware we are not going back to the days with large terraces, fences and very few crush barriers. It is essentially just making safer what is currently in place, I've lost count of the injuries I've sustained watching city in the EE from falling over the seat in front when celebrating; a barrier on each row prevents this.

2) I don't understand the relevance or the point. So we don't want to see an increase in attendance at games???? What a load of rubbish, laughable really.

Kerry McCarthy (Bristol east) - Will have to dig out her letter but off the top of my head she cited several "positives" that have happened since all seater stadiums were made law for top 2 divisions (obviously she didn't understand the proposals as stadiums will still be all "seaters") such as rising attendances and more women and children going to games. Obviously, the introduction of safe standing areas will further increase attendances so both points are weak but understandable given the lack of knowledge....

Is she still in power now?

The Bristol City Supporters' Club & Trust has called on MPs in and around Bristol to support Early Day Motion 573 calling on the government to permit limited trials of safe standing at selected football grounds.

This motion, effectively a petition among MPs, was tabled by Roger Godsiff, a Birmingham MP and long-time supporter of safe standing, last week. Any EDM that attracts 100 or more signatures is regarded as a success and gives the issue a higher profile in parliament. Later this year, on December 11th, there is then going to be a formal presentation to MPs in Westminster, again calling for trials to be allowed. Peterborough and, today, Aston Villa have both offered their grounds as sites for such trials. Sunderland, Derby, Hull City and, as of today, Crystal Palace all also support the safe standing concept.

hannover_visit_1_006_cropped_410.jpg

An example of a safe standing area - sorry about the colour!

Whether you personally prefer to sit or stand, if you think fans ought to have the right to a choice and that fans like our own in East End ought to be fully embraced and not merely tolerated, please use this simple tool to e-mail your MP and ask him/her to support the EDM. All you have to do is type in your name and postcode and it will find your MP for you:

More details about our letter, including a link to a PDF copy of the full text can be found here.

Done!

Bristol City FC back safe standing campaign

Thanks to Guy, Adam, the Lansdowns, Dave L, the new chairman and all at Ashton Gate for their support.

Now please do your bit and e-mail your MP here.

Fantastic news! Brought a big smile to my face going on the OS and seeing that! Hopefully one day it will say city announce opening of safe standing area!! Always believe.....

Archived