IGNORED

Basso

Eco

No question though he was a good motivator. All in favour of jobs for the boys if the boys are good.

Hardly a good role model for career advice though, a bloke who should have played 100 + games in the past 3 years and has actually played 13 because of an unachievable dream, never go back, he is better off doing some sort of missionary work in his own country.

Hardly a good role model for career advice though, a bloke who should have played 100 + games in the past 3 years and has actually played 13 because of an unachievable dream, never go back, he is better off doing some sort of missionary work in his own country.

Everyone follows their dream, can't blame the bloke for that. It didn't work out, that is life.

I wouldn't have him back, unless he had the makings of an outstanding coach. Sentiment should not be involved.

I liked him as a person. (Met him a couple of times) and liked him as a player. One I really wish had got his chance.

Whatever he ends up doing good luck to him. Just a shame it took him so long to get to get to where he did. Can't say he didn't take risks trying to reach his dream, turning up in the UK with nowt.

I'm sure he will be somewhere in the bcfc hall of fame, not near the top, but nicely seated. There cannot be that many keepers that have had terrace chants and terrace chants from things he has said "always believe"

Or even in Southmead ;)

Everyone follows their dream, can't blame the bloke for that. It didn't work out, that is life.

I wouldn't have him back, unless he had the makings of an outstanding coach. Sentiment should not be involved.

I liked him as a person. (Met him a couple of times) and liked him as a player. One I really wish had got his chance.

Whatever he ends up doing good luck to him. Just a shame it took him so long to get to get to where he did. Can't say he didn't take risks trying to reach his dream, turning up in the UK with nowt.

I'm sure he will be somewhere in the bcfc hall of fame, not near the top, but nicely seated. There cannot be that many keepers that have had terrace chants and terrace chants from things he has said "always believe"

Nail on the head TRL! :D

Don't disagree with much of that, but for me the key word is achievable and his dream never was, given the rejections even from non league clubs he received before GJ against much advice and a vast majority of outraged BCFC fans who believed he wasn't fit to spit on flappers gloves even on this forum who dubbed him a clown after his early performances, he had reached his pinnacle if not over achieving at BCFC IMO.

Played a few games for Hull last season then got injured I think, shame if he hasn't got fixed up with another club. Would love to see him back at AG at some point if only do do a half time draw or something, think he'd get a wonderful reception.

I swear that Basso had trampolines fitted under the grass in the 6 yard box at AG!

I have never seen a keeper with more spring in his legs.

Good times when he was in goal,as mentioned above there's not many keepers who have there own chants,it also helped the atmosphere for us fans as well.

Mike Gibson was the first, he had several personalised chants, including just before the kick off his 3 steps from his right hand post to jump up and touch crossbar with East End counting him down.

He was without doubt the best and most charismatic keeper ever at BCFC and a true BCFC legend in every sense of the word, another keeper with springs in his legs, simply the best.

Archived