IGNORED

Del You Got It All Wrong.....again.

ChrisBCFC

We were second best and outclassed all over the pitch. For a period at the end of the first and beginning of the second we showed some fight and managed to match them, but they were still the much classier outfit. Compare some of their play to ours. They were slick and knocking the ball at pace through Koren, Aluko and Quinn, we were, as usual, slow and uninspiring. All of our best play came through Taylor who was once again excellent.

Ricky Foster in the middle of midfield? Behave.

Jon Stead on the left wing (something that Millen was roundly criticised for)? What a load of rubbish.

Don't be shy.

Sorry - trying to do this on my phone. And clearly failing!

What I meant to say was I thought that was a good and balanced analysis. I think your last paragraph is key for why I still have faith in the manager - I've not seen us fight when things go against us since midway through GJ's reign and I do think McInnes gets us to do that and it will ultimately reap rewards. But things need to improve and fast and I just can't see how that can happen with our current central midfield.

Hull were better in possesion, used the ball more wisely and intelligently and every time they went forward looked like they were about to create something. We just lumped long balls forward to the front men hoping they'd win the percentage ball. Our midfield was non existent. (Skuse just isnt Championship standard in my opinion) and why oh why take off our best attacking option in Davies?

If you look at the Davies thread you will see that they say he was unwell at half time and when he was subbed he was on the ground and asked to come off. So why did he go straight down the tunnel and refused to shake hands with DEL?

6 GOALS IN 6 GAMES AND HE'S SUBBED!!! It's no wonder we don't win games.

I think we were second best all over the pitch for most of the game, to try to prevent Hull just tearing us apart in central midfield DMC had to drop Stead and Davies back into midfield and things improved slightly but Mcmanus and not Nyatanga was the player hitting the long aimless balls forward today, Briggs looks ok going forward but defensively especially in the first half left huge gaps on his flank, Davies is quality, Stead battled well throughout and Taylor did little wrong fighting a losing battle mainly on his own upfront, it certainly wasn't a 3 man attack.

Pearson was unspectacular but crossed well for our goal, made a few good tackles and took one for the team late on when Briggs made an error, Skuse what can I say, we will win little or nothing with this guy in our midfield plays nothing balls all game and totally unaware of what is happening around him and whatever he was thinking about for their winner only he will know.

Our central midfield is so weak and is allowing far too much pressure on our back 4, so much so DMC had to totally abandoned his game plan after just 10 minutes and cram midfield with 5 players, it really does need addressing or is it going to turn into another depressing season of playing one upfront and 5 man midfield.

I said after the Millwall game I was struggling to see where our next win in the next 15 games would come from, 4 down 11 to go.

One positive for me at least there was plenty of fight out there, but the midfield is a huge worry for our survival.

I agree with everything you have posted.

Awful post... Couldn't be more wrong.

We were the better team (apart from the first 15 mins) and it was just one of those games unfortunately for us.

Credit to Hull as well, they played some good football at times.

Total rubbish - you must have been at a different game to me.

To me, the biggest problem isn't our defence, it's the midfield. Today the only creativity we got from midfield was when either Stead or Davies dropped back. Our midfield also give absolutely no protection to our defence.

I was pleasantly surprised (given McInnes' record with playing people out of position) to see Briggs start in his normal position. I was expecting to see him on the right wing or in goal.

If you look at the Davies thread you will see that they say he was unwell at half time and when he was subbed he was on the ground and asked to come off. So why did he go straight down the tunnel and refused to shake hands with DEL?

6 GOALS IN 6 GAMES AND HE'S SUBBED!!! It's no wonder we don't win games.

To be fair going straight down the tunnel and being a bit obivious to the manager both fit in with being ill as well as they do with being hacked off. He certainly didn't look happy though...

I said to my friend get your money on Davies to score the 1st goal he is a great signing and a has a great left peg! when i saw the players come out i thought WTF? davies left wing? the bloke is a striker? i was there last tuesday and i was hoping to see davies and baldock upfront again along with anderson and adomah but what happend apart from davies the rest were dropped. I really really cant see how del picks the team line up i really dont. I still think stick with Del but we have a really hard november coming up and to be honest i cant see where we will get any points especially dropping players for no good reason.

Because he needed to throw up/drop his guts?

Our central midfield is so weak and is allowing far too much pressure on our back 4, so much so DMC had to totally abandoned his game plan after just 10 minutes and cram midfield with 5 players, it really does need addressing or is it going to turn into another depressing season of playing one upfront and 5 man midfield.

This

First game I have watched all season. Toothless, anonymous and lacking any bite. Our midfield is devoid of many of the attributes required to run a midfield.

I dont think we made a tackle until deep into the second half. I wanted to see more crunching tackles, even a few late ones. Mix it up and let Hull know they were in a game. I saw nothing like that.

You could just feel the lack of confidence at times. You could see the movement or lack of time and time again, when Hull moved forward. They were like statues probably in the right place to defend, but no pressure on the ball. Not one of them stood up and took responsibility.

I wanted to see us a lot more nastier. It was all too easy for Hull at times, due to our lackluster, inept and spineless midfield.

Stevo

Any comments suggesting we were the better team are simply absurd. We somehow arrived at ht drawing 1-1 and to then come out and play that second half, at home, is nothing short of disgraceful. Hull weren't particularly impressive yet the result never looked in doubt from the moment they went ahead. Should we have found another equaliser I've no doubt they'd have upped the tempo and found another, or we'd simply have just given them another goal.

The midfield was pointless to say the least. I'm not entirely sure what Pearson did as he offered no protection and very little in terms of attacking play. Taylor was a good outlet but there's only so much he can do and people can say what they like about the defence but when a midfield offers so little you are of course going to be under a lot of pressure.

As for the tactics and selection what more can be said. Foster in the middle is simply astounding and the team that he picked today was nothing short of absurd. Things need to get better and fast and with trips to Huddersfield and Birmingham in the next 10 days it's hard to see that happening.

Any comments suggesting we were the better team are simply absurd. We somehow arrived at ht drawing 1-1 and to then come out and play that second half, at home, is nothing short of disgraceful. Hull weren't particularly impressive yet the result never looked in doubt from the moment they went ahead. Should we have found another equaliser I've no doubt they'd have upped the tempo and found another, or we'd simply have just given them another goal.

The midfield was pointless to say the least. I'm not entirely sure what Pearson did as he offered no protection and very little in terms of attacking play. Taylor was a good outlet but there's only so much he can do and people can say what they like about the defence but when a midfield offers so little you are of course going to be under a lot of pressure.

As for the tactics and selection what more can be said. Foster in the middle is simply astounding and the team that he picked today was nothing short of absurd. Things need to get better and fast and with trips to Huddersfield and Birmingham in the next 10 days it's hard to see that happening.

He offered far more than Skuse did today.

What can you say about that team selection?

Sorry but we were shitte, the only time we looked dangerous was when we had a corner or a free kick. ZERO creativity, ZERO presence in the middle, and ZERO chance of us staying up unless we sort this mess out.

He drops Adomah to give us more support to Wilson.....well that worked well we were completely battered on that side in the first XI.

Skuse INVISIBLE, Pearson INVISIBLE. We are not going to stay up if everything that we try and get forward evades to the 2 CMs.

But Del you are CLUELESS when it comes to team selections.

It's so easy to say clueless isn't it ? The manager is a professional, I'm sure there were sound professional reasons for picking the team he did, why can't you accept that ? I agree with some of your points but the use of such disrespectful language really hacks me off.

Surprised the selection of Foster in CM hasn't stirred up a roar. Interesting decision for me. I like Del, I think he is a good manager and think he will turn the situation around, one win and a clean sheet could change everything, BUT I cannot for the life of me understand our team selection today.

totally agree with everything you have said - its very hard to see where any points are coming from.

Playing players out of position doesnt help, stead left wing, what is all that about, but stead being himself will give everything, foster, not too sure where he was playing until Albert came on and then he pushed back to RB.

speaking of which, why is it when wilson or foster have the ball that Albert sits on their shoulder, for gods sake there was acres of space in front of him, get into that space and pass the ball, he has pace and quality exploit it, it does look as though he has been told to do this, why ???

He offered far more than Skuse did today.

His saving grace may be that he was involved in the goal and it was a good cut-back but other than that Esmond I'm struggling to think of what he contributed. I agree Skuse was poor but at least he gets about more, Pearson even seemed to be pulling out of/failing to make challenges which is unlike him and Skuse certainly offers more energy and protection, even if it is hard to believe after today's game.

His saving grace may be that he was involved in the goal and it was a good cut-back but other than that Esmond I'm struggling to think of what he contributed. I agree Skuse was poor but at least he gets about more, Pearson even seemed to be pulling out of/failing to make challenges which is unlike him and Skuse certainly offers more energy and protection, even if it is hard to believe after today's game.

Skuse is what is known in the military as a 'uniform carrier', always there, always doing the bare minimum, never willing to take any responsibility, just playing safe and his own goal just about summed him up today lost.

We were without a shadow of doubt the best team in the second half. Hull's goal was completely against the run of play.

It went a bit awry when Adomah came on as he couldn't effect the game and made no off the ball runs (again)

On the plus side, Ryan Taylor is just a brilliant target man.

Really i didnt see anything in Taylor to sggest he is better than stead in a target man role, a target man shold be someone who gets yo 10 goals a season, cannoy see that in taylor at this level....stead hold the ball p and brings players into the game far more effectively and in my opinion should be paired with davies....davies was our best player by a country mile

I was utterly baffled by McInnes's initial selection. Stringing three along the fronline, with Davies stuck utterly pointlessly out on the right, negated much of his attack - not all thank god, but he's gotta be central. Whatever he is, a midfielder Richard Foster isn't. Playing him out of position meant you might as well have sent 10 men out there. Of course, our 'two man midfield' was overrun and overworked - it was only when Stead effectively dropped into a deeper position that we looked a bit more solid. And why was Mark Wilson playing? To even select him is like rewarding failure.

Other than the nippy Briggs, we put out a very slow side there. Foster's pace was negated by the fact that he was baffled as to what he was supposed to be doing in front of the defence.

And by the time McInnes made his substitutions the damage had been done and Anderson, who surely should've started, in particular didn't have time to get into the game. Why warm up Baldock at half-time if you aren't going to use him until we've gone behind?

So yes, in essence, "Del you got it all wrong again", is about right.

I honestly think reckon any neutral watching would have thought Foster looked more of a natural midfielder than Skuse did...

If Skuse didn't do much, Foster did virtually nothing there. Too lightweight to stop their runners and without any use of his natural speed, he was a veritable chocolate teapot. At least Skuse did get back twice to make tackles on the edge of the box. I don't think Foster ever did more than jog around looking bewildered.

That said, I'm not suggesting Skuse had a good game. I've said it before and I'll say it again that he can be a talismanic figure but when he's out of form, it's like Bagpuss. He falls asleep and all his friends fall asleep!

We looked a lot like a Millen side - aimless long balls that just meant we didnt create any good chances. When Del came in we played football! He played 5 in midfield and that meant we kept the ball, not just smash it forward to strikers with no support!!

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact he bought Davis, who looked decent yesterday, AND THEN bought Baldock, giving us 5 strikers (plus Admoah can play up to)!! I realise we need depth, but you don't need 5 strikers!! We are crying out for midfielders We've created the least number of shots on target this season, so we need a ball playing midfielder to split defenses and we someone who can offer the midfield more protection. The £1mill he spent on Baldock should of gone on a ATT mid, and def mid, and a defender. The board should of said no to any more strikers unless he shipped Pitman out. just wasted resource.

And i dont understand his reluctance to dip into the loan market for a young, hungry midfielder. We are crying out for more pace and energy. Saw Peterborough got some lad on loan from West Ham (i think) who made his debut yesterday and scored 2. Why dont we look to get someone like that!! Surely he can't be that expensive? I thought he had links at West Brom? Where's the young players from there?

Thought Taylor looked good yesterday. Would like to see him and Davies get a run in the side. Need to play Davies off Taylor to help make an extra man in midfield. Or play Pearson, Skuse and Elliot/Kilkenny, then Davis in a free role on the left.

Its going to be a long season. in Del Boy we trust....

If Skuse didn't do much, Foster did virtually nothing there. Too lightweight to stop their runners and without any use of his natural speed, he was a veritable chocolate teapot. At least Skuse did get back twice to make tackles on the edge of the box. I don't think Foster ever did more than jog around looking bewildered.

That said, I'm not suggesting Skuse had a good game. I've said it before and I'll say it again that he can be a talismanic figure but when he's out of form, it's like Bagpuss. He falls asleep and all his friends fall asleep!

I said the same to a mate during the game , never looked like he had a clue what he should be doing.

Up till yesterday's game I felt reasonably confident Del could turn it around. Not any more. Relegation is more likely than not I'm sorry to say. Weird team selection, clueless performance - Hull could and should have put four past us. They more or less walked through our midfield at will...

Worst moment of the game apart from the goals though was the point in the second half where we had a free kick hoisted into their box and THREE of our players were over on the touchline swigging water. People around me went berserk when that happened, and rightly so. I still hope that Del can sort it out - I think he's got a lot of potential. But yesterday we were mid-table League One standard.

Worst moment of the game apart from the goals though was the point in the second half where we had a free kick hoisted into their box and THREE of our players were over on the touchline swigging water. People around me went berserk when that happened, and rightly so. I still hope that Del can sort it out - I think he's got a lot of potential. But yesterday we were mid-table League One standard.

That showed such a lack of professionalism. And McInnes was right next to them! You'd think he'd remind them that they were in the middle of a competitive game!!

Archived