IGNORED

It's Not All Dels Fault

bs3

Del needs to come out in the press and explain what is going on behind the scene at Ashton Gate . He have tried to get a centre midfield player in at the start of the seaso along with two centre halves but was stopped by Jon Lansdown who didn't want to finance the deal .

The players moral is very low and there is unrest not with Del but with all the cost cutting and penny pinching. There is lack of training kit and kit to wear on match day because the club sold half the kit they get from adddias off.

Some players are bitching about their money which don't help. A lot of them have took big pay cuts.

Where is the board , where is the Chairman , where is the leadership.

Has we a long term plan for this club does the board have version for the future of this club or is it just a play thing which Daddy as let him have for Christmas and now he is bored and out of his depth.

Sacking Del won't achieve anything we need to make changes at board room level .

Del needs to come out in the press and explain what is going on behind the scene at Ashton Gate . He have tried to get a centre midfield player in at the start of the seaso along with two centre halves but was stopped by Jon Lansdown who didn't want to finance the deal .

The players moral is very low and there is unrest not with Del but with all the cost cutting and penny pinching. There is lack of training kit and kit to wear on match day because the club sold half the kit they get from adddias off.

Some players are bitching about their money which don't help. A lot of them have took big pay cuts.

Has we a long term plan for this club does the board have version for the future of this club or is it just a play thing which Daddy as let him have for Christmas and now he is bored and out of his depth.

Sacking Del won't achieve anything we need to make changes at board room level .

sorry but how do you know this about the training kit and matchday kit?

Sorry but I think your point about the defender and midfielder is bulls*it. Reasons being

1) Del did a good job last season, and as good as said that if this club did not want to progress, he wanted no part of it. He has a position of strength going into the summer and I felt if the board were not supporting him, he would have walked....and got a reasonable job at either Championship, or League 1 level.

2) The board have sanctioned two fairly big money moves in Davies and Baldock. Not to mention the money he has wasted giving Pearson and Carey contracts

I watched on Sky although the reception was very bad because of bad weather here in Estonia, I saw that the only players who put any effort into the game tonight was Stead and Davies. What does Del do? He takes Davies off again, he looked like the only one who could get a goal, after that they had no chance of breaking Hulls defence down. This is the second match in a row that Del has subbed our best player and I am begining to doubt his tactics. I think the team he picked tonight was lacking in balance and this showed in the first 20 minutes when Hull were all over us. I don't know what the answer is, but if something is not done soon City will be playing in League 1 next season. The board must do something to arrest this slide or it will be too late, other teams manage to get and pay good players, why can't we????? And don' give me that old chestnut about FFP ffs. I am City through and through, but I am getting sick of them achiving nothing season after season.

Ultimately a succession of failing managers has to lead to questions about decisions made at Board level. I just feel our problems go deeper than the current manager.

Exactly this. The club is in a mess and has no leadership or direction. Del is a good manger and getting rid of him is not the answer.

I watched on Sky although the reception was very bad because of bad weather here in Estonia, I saw that the only players who put any effort into the game tonight was Stead and Davies. What does Del do? He takes Davies off again, he looked like the only one who could get a goal, after that they had no chance of breaking Hulls defence down. This is the second match in a row that Del has subbed our best player and I am begining to doubt his tactics. I think the team he picked tonight was lacking in balance and this showed in the first 20 minutes when Hull were all over us. I don't know what the answer is, but if something is not done soon City will be playing in League 1 next season. The board must do something to arrest this slide or it will be too late, other teams manage to get and pay good players, why can't we????? And don' give me that old chestnut about FFP ffs. I am City through and through, but I am getting sick of them achiving nothing season after season.

Thought the same about Davies, but Del had just revealed he has a sickness bug and was ill at half time.

We cant all be top of the pile all the time, remember a few years back we had a playoff final at Wembley?

The blame game has already started and no doubt will go through many candidates.We are in fact all to blame, from those who stayed at home like me and watched on tv/comp to those at the top of the tree.

We cant all be top of the pile all the time, remember a few years back we had a playoff final at Wembley?

The blame game has already started and no doubt will go through many candidates.We are in fact all to blame, from those who stayed at home like me and watched on tv/comp to those at the top of the tree.

sorry, but how are the fans to blame?

when the going gets tough, many fans, me included cant be bothered; How many of us went to Wembley 50,000 was it?

That is not really the fans fault, they need something to show for their support and money. Not the endless cliched rubbish they hear every game.

If there were not problems then the fans wouldn't walk, the fault lays with the club, there is nothing we can do about performances on the pitch. Might be better staying away actually, less pressure on the players from the booing and screams they get at the gate.

when the going gets tough, many fans, me included cant be bothered; How many of us went to Wembley 50,000 was it?

listen....firstly, every football club is the same. When things are good, more turn out.....so its the same for every club.

secondly, there is only so much bullsh*t a fan can take. I completely blame the club for once again, not giving the fans value for money. This club has been dishing up abysmal football for 3/4 years now.....fans are fed up, and who can blame them?

I know plenty of season ticket holders, myself included...who didnt go tonight? why? not because we've had a few bad games, but because once again, nothing has changed. Next season, even if we stay up.....the attendances are going to drop through the floor. Many fans renewed this season because, once again, we were suckered in to believing that good times were just around the corner and that this club was going to completely changed its whole ethos....and look to go in a whole new direction

The fact is, we havent. Ok, I appreciate Rome was not built in a day.....but its the same old players who havent been good enough for a long time. This season is dead already....what a shame. Im not for one second saying we should be a top 6 side....but we should be kicking on, and we should have addressed our weak links. Carey, Pearson, Skuse, Nyatanga, Fontaine....its ok though, they are a good honest bunch

This whole club has lacked direction now since Mr Lansdown completely lost interest.

Something nasty in the woodpile?

I don't know and frankly I don't care much anymore!

I'm not saying I've lost interest (far from it) , I shall still keep buying my S/T but I'm getting on now and I just don't believe I will see a half decent side in my lifetime.

I just watch each match and take it for what it is, and just enjoy it (or not) for what it is !

I do think the silence from the board of directors is concerning.

Penny punching is obviously taking place, even down to the extent of not sending one of my sons a birthday card which they had as season ticket holders for the last 5 years.

I wonder who makes the decisions at board level regarding football matters as as far I'm aware none if them have any football experience or depth of knowledge.

listen....firstly, every football club is the same. When things are good, more turn out.....so its the same for every club.

secondly, there is only so much bullsh*t a fan can take. I completely blame the club for once again, not giving the fans value for money. This club has been dishing up abysmal football for 3/4 years now.....fans are fed up, and who can blame them?

I know plenty of season ticket holders, myself included...who didnt go tonight? why? not because we've had a few bad games, but because once again, nothing has changed. Next season, even if we stay up.....the attendances are going to drop through the floor. Many fans renewed this season because, once again, we were suckered in to believing that good times were just around the corner and that this club was going to completely changed its whole ethos....and look to go in a whole new direction

The fact is, we havent. Ok, I appreciate Rome was not built in a day.....but its the same old players who havent been good enough for a long time. This season is dead already....what a shame. Im not for one second saying we should be a top 6 side....but we should be kicking on, and we should have addressed our weak links. Carey, Pearson, Skuse, Nyatanga, Fontaine....its ok though, they are a good honest bunch

This whole club has lacked direction now since Mr Lansdown completely lost interest.

We managed to put 4 past the championship leaders with 4 of those weak links playing.

We didnt play great tonight but even so it could of gone either way; the same would be true if we played them again next week with the same teams.

There is very little between any team in this div a bit of luck,own goal,ref decision could swing it either way in any game.

We look for someone to blame, sometimes its just the way it is, next time could be different

Is any of this actually true?

Davies, Baldock, McMannus etc. does not really sound like penny-pinching

Which players have accepted pay-cuts in breach of contract?

If we are attempting to mitigate an annual eight-digit loss by selling training kit off the players' backs I would be genuinely concerned as that sounds like 1982

Losing every week = low morale = losing every week - breaking this circle is what the manager gets paid for - if he cannot then get someone in who can

Archived