IGNORED

Woolford....

Fuber

As far as im concerned we had a fairly accomplishes left back tonite, so why, excluding formation, would he not play ahead of stead on the left? Ahead of cunningham he played well because cunningham offered good support and overlapped, briggs was trying similiar last noght but became isolated because of how norrow we played up top, which kept slowing down the momentum. Aslo, while Pearson has great work rate, he doesnt have the positional sense and marking to do the job hes doing, if we had the money to sign elokobi and loan, which on championship wages must still be quite a bit, why didnt we keep Cisse or Amougou(Bikey)? Boro were cutting down costs as they were making the largest losses in the division at one point i think, so they couldnt of offered too much and with Cisse, we offeredhim quite severely reduced wages when from his point of view he was one of the main reasons we stayed up....

While Del has pulled off some good signings, such as Baldock, Cunningham, and Davies, his decisions to sign Morris, Anderson, and Wilson, just confuse we when we couldve used to the Wilson and Morris Wages for a better midfielder.

This is just my opinion but anyone else question the use of our clubs funds?

Yes Morris was a poor signing. We needed a particular midfielder, someone who Either Skuse or Pearson could play around. A 5'4 Morris clearly wasn't the answer.

Not sure height has much to do with it. Current ability certainly has. We were told he was on the slide by saints fans. I can only presume he was bought for leadership off the pitch. Maybe he is Dels spy in the camp?

Not sure height has much to do with it. Current ability certainly has. We were told he was on the slide by saints fans. I can only presume he was bought for leadership off the pitch. Maybe he is Dels spy in the camp?

As I said, we needed a certain type of player to play wit either Skuse or Pearson.....Morris was never going to be that player.

Del has known our weak areas for months yet for some reason hasn't strengthened them with the right players.

centre mid that's what he has been doing with Cunningham lb as he drifts into the centre thats where he Is best IMO as he doesn't have the pace for a winger

I can't remember which game it was, but Woolford played in an advanced central position where he looked quite comfortable. Maybe playing a diamond would be a good option, to then have Marv' playing the holding position with Anderson on one side and Albert on the other?

I think it's fair to say, like him or not all of our better performances this season included Woolford from the start. Obviously Cunningham is a bigger miss but I think Woolfords off the ball movement offered options that were completely lacking from the three statues we played there yesterday. Wondered what happened to all those gorrillas.

Archived