IGNORED

Best Form Of Defence Is...

Welcome To The Jungle

...attack of course, why have we not thought of this.

As many have pointed out our defensive issues are many, so lets get the ball away from our defence. The 2 home games we won this year we scored first, and relentlessly attacked.

So here is my plan:

4-1-3-2. You might be thinking what? Allow me to explain. Ball is played up to the top 2 (imo Taylor and Davies) preferably to feet, but both are strong with a good touch to bring it down. Then comes the attacking onslaught from the '3' in our formation, being the 2 wingers and attacking midfielder (albert, wooly and person), as they burst beyond or come short for passes (mix it up), suddenly providing plenty of movement and confusion for the opp defence. If no through ball or lay off is available, then utilise wing backs in Foster and Briggs (cunnigham when fit). By this time, the striker not holding the ball and at least 2 midfielders could be in the box.

Yes we will be vuneralble, but now for the other 3 players, who will be very defensively minded. The 2 centre halves, with skuse sweeping in front. Say what you like about skuse be he can tackle. Press as a team high up the pitch, keep the tempo up and we could go in at the break a few up. After an hour or so bring on Baldock and let him run at a tired defence like he did vs baadiff.

Too much emphasis has been put on keeping a clean sheet (myself included). It's time we accepted that, lets try gung ho vs charlton who are also struggling could cause them to collapse.

The only time I have felt us safe from conceding is when we are attacking, so lets take it to 'em big time. Become the new Blackpool

Best form of defence for us would be to get players in who want to defend, want to tackle, want to fight for the shirt, want to block shots, put their bodies on the line.

I dont even buy into the 'heart' shown which Del goes on about. I dont see strong tackling, players playing their hearts out.

Over paid big time charlies springs to mind again.

Archived