IGNORED

Fontaine !

foghornred

Fontaine was at fault for their goal again being beaten to a ball that he was favourite for and allowing the cross to come in.If this had been Carey they would say he was to old but Fonts seems to get the shirt no matter how he plays.If not for him we would have got a point and our first clean sheet !

Fontaine was at fault for their goal again being beaten to a ball that he was favourite for and allowing the cross to come in.If this had been Carey they would say he was to old but Fonts seems to get the shirt no matter how he plays.If not for him we would have got a point and our first clean sheet !

Didn't Sam Baldock miss a sitter at t'other end ?

I don't Blaine your mate, Fontaine is a disgrace and to this day I can't believe he's STILL playing at BCFC, just shows you what the club is like, you perform shite and no matter what you still play the following week

Not too emotive then.........

I don't Blaine your mate, Fontaine is a disgrace and to this day I can't believe he's STILL playing at BCFC, just shows you what the club is like, you perform shite and no matter what you still play the following week

Hardly bother with this forum, but this comment has driven me to give an opinion. Why don't you and other individuals get off individual players backs. How is Liam Fontaine a disgrace exactly? Someone who is a disgrace tends to be someone who is unprofessional, shows lack of respect and does something controversial - none of these apply to Liam Fontaine.

Bristol City win and lose as a team. If you really care about BCFC, you will either keep opinions to yourself as they really help no one. You may want to change your signature, as you clearly don't mean it - 'We are Bristol City, We Always Believe'.

It is a bad run, we may get relegated, we may finish mid table. If we go down, it will because as a team we were not good enough, not because of an individual.

Hardly bother with this forum, but this comment has driven me to give an opinion. Why don't you and other individuals get off individual players backs. How is Liam Fontaine a disgrace exactly? Someone who is a disgrace tends to be someone who is unprofessional, shows lack of respect and does something controversial - none of these apply to Liam Fontaine.

Bristol City win and lose as a team. If you really care about BCFC, you will either keep opinions to yourself as they really help no one. You may want to change your signature, as you clearly don't mean it - 'We are Bristol City, We Always Believe'.

It is a bad run, we may get relegated, we may finish mid table. If we go down, it will because as a team we were not good enough, not because of an individual.

Agree, Fontaine has been at fault for some goals but the rest of the team can be at fault for not picking him up again after these mistakes BCFC is a TEAM.

I wouldn't go as far as the poster you criticise but the fact is that Fontaine has never had a good game this season (and yes, I include the victories) and has consistently been our weakest link, YET still gets selected when fit and is an utterly ineffectual 'team captain'. Sh!t like that hacks people off.

You'd almost think McInnes fancied him or something...

I have had a look at that cross that came in for the goal several times now and I keep coming to the same conclusions; Sorry to Fontaine but the lad looks either totally disinterested or inept. Perhaps its a bit of both.

The more bewildering is how he gets to play, when fit, week in and week out when he has clearly and completely lost all confidence.

In summary though, I never really rated him; he was usually a good squad player who chipped in, now and again, with a decent performance but he never worked hard enough, used his brain enough, tracked back enough, looked interested enough or had the overall skill set to be either given the captain's arm band or merited such high praise from some quarters. He has been a good servant and a good-ish all round defender, but no more. And let us not forget, he is handsomely paid so before anyone says get off his back I think he should be man enough to take the flak. Right now he is in the spot light and rightly so and the sooner Del tears up his game plan and gives the arm band to someone else the sooner we will start climbing the table. That and the blatantly obvious requirement for a creative midfield player and a decent, and I emphasize decent, commanding centre back x 2. All in my humble opinion of course.

its the full backs job to cut out crosses

Archived