IGNORED

Adomah

Southport Red

Even on the radio, where they are never overly critical, they implied as much.

Big call on Tuesday as to whether he starts, Anderson may play on left usually but he is right footed, if he doesn't get a go soon he'll be wondering why he signed.

They did mention several times on the commentary that Albert was notably out of sorts today but they also said he took a nasty blow to the head early on from one of their players when he was 'too honest' to go down and make a fuss. He was apparently quite dazed, but carried on.

It's too much to expect Albert to be our best player in EVERY game - he very often is - but he has set himself very high standards which we need him to maintain and it is particularly noticable, and detrimental to our play, when he is under par.

Whatever the reason for his poor display today, let's hope he's back on his game at Brum and thereafter - he's one of our only outstanding players (Davies imo being the other) whose ability can really make a difference to us at this level and an early resurgence in his form is absolutely critical to our chances of getting out of this mess.

Even on the radio, where they are never overly critical, they implied as much.

Big call on Tuesday as to whether he starts, Anderson may play on left usually but he is right footed, if he doesn't get a go soon he'll be wondering why he signed.

Have to agree with this. Playing Albert when he's out of form sucks all the creativity out of the team.

They did mention several times on the commentary that Albert was notably out of sorts today but they also said he took a nasty blow to the head early on from one of their players when he was 'too honest' to go down and make a fuss. He was apparently quite dazed, but carried on.

Typical Albert, in a second he went from being down on his haunches rubbing his head to trying to win a header.

Even when he has a day like today it is impossible not to love him for his enthusiasm.

It's too much to expect Albert to be our best player in EVERY game - he very often is - but he has set himself very high standards which we need him to maintain and it is particularly noticable, and detrimental to our play, when he is under par.

Whatever the reason for his poor display today, let's hope he's back on his game at Brum and thereafter - he's one of our only outstanding players (Davies imo being the other) whose ability can really make a difference to us at this level and an early resurgence in his form is absolutely critical to our chances of getting out of this mess.

How many good games does he really have? Less than 1 in 5 I'd say. Enthusiastic (sometimes). No positional sense. Can't cross for toffee. Holds onto ball for too long. Seems to get knackered far too easily.

Still, beats playing that Foster/Wilson combo (shudders).

How many good games does he really have? Less than 1 in 5 I'd say. Enthusiastic (sometimes). No positional sense. Can't cross for toffee. Holds onto ball for too long. Seems to get knackered far too easily.

Still, beats playing that Foster/Wilson combo (shudders).

At least 3 in 5 I'd say.

He's one of the outstanding players not only at City but in this division, and that's exactly why his less effective games are so noticable and lead to so much comment and disappointment - we absolutely depend on Albert playing well.

Despite the occasional lapse of form he remains undoubtedly one of City's most consistent performers, so if you judge Albert so harshly God only knows what you make of the rest of them.

Adomah's value to us will be evident if we go down. He will be 1 , of only 3 or 4 players , Championship clubs will be falling over themselves to sign.

Well, judging by the way City keep on giving Skuse and Fontaine long contracts to ward off big bids I'm guessing these will be two you have promimently in mind.

So, Fontaine, Skuse, Albert and Davies it is then. (Emoticons not working for me otherwise the bemused whistler would feature here)

Seen us play quite a bit this season and Albert isn't the player he was last season. He seems to be sitting to deep and to close to the full back, and when he gets the ball passes it and stays by the full back and never goes into a dangerous position. Not sure if this is the managers instructions or he's doing it himself.

At least 3 in 5 I'd say.

He's one of the outstanding players not only at City but in this division, and that's exactly why his less effective games are so noticable and lead to so much comment and disappointment - we absolutely depend on Albert playing well.

Despite the occasional lapse of form he remains undoubtedly one of City's most consistent performers, so if you judge Albert so harshly God only knows what you make of the rest of them.

Exactly. If a certain defender was off form, who would notice?

I've said it since Bolasie left, we are lacking competition on the wings Albert had a bad game on Sat. "Couldn't trap a bag of cement", "touch of a trampoline" were both heard in the away end at least twice each. Every player is entitled to a bad game BUT everywhere else he would be dropped and that would shake him up, unfortunately we have greater needs for a centre back and a 'creative midfielder' (whatever the hell one of those is as we've needed one for far too long).

Anderson's game doesn't look to suit the right, however in the same way his right-footed ability suits the left, Woolford's may suit the right.

I won't hold Albert's performance against him as we were all quite shocked at his performance, 'out of sorts' a perfect analysis. My point is, bad gameshould bring your place into question but City lack the depth to implement this

I saw Albert out running this morning when I was on my way to work so he's putting in the extra off the pitch in terms of fitness,

Every player has an off day albert can still turn a game on his head in 1 minute a bit like jacki use too,

its not a question of whether we should drop him its a question of can we afford to drop him?

ther is no right sided option to come in Anderson isn't as effective their nether is foster or skuse, if greedy bollox was still here he would be getting the game time now,

Archived