IGNORED

Kilkenny

Southport Red

Killa has to start for me. Yes he is lightweight but at least he can create something!!!!

Trouble is what, I can't remember him creating much in his year here, he holds the ball and passes it relatively well in his own half, but for the life of me, I can't remember much from him, in terms of real creativity

Did well when he came on. Picked some nice passes, found space and actually played through balls.

Midfield looked a lot better with Marvin in it too ( compared to Bolton and Hull games)

I would agree with that. The only problem is we've been here before with Kilkenny. Comes off the bench, looks ok, makes you think we should give him a chance starting a game, starts a game, disappoints. I don't think he is as bad as many others do and at his best he does have something to offer, but he is incredibly infuriating.

Didn't think Marv was at his best and he didn't look fully fit, but as you say just by doing the dirty things that often go unappreciated he did make us look a more solid unit.

Easily the best central midfielder we have at the club. He must start when fit and think Marv should partner him in the middle as he does good work when we dont have the ball and is a real threat at set pieces. Those two should play v Brum.

Those two probably arent a bad shout tbh... Might as well give them a go as its not like our current centre mid partnership are up to much...

He's not good enough, period. He may have a good 20 minutes every 10 games but he's not championship quality.

Thing is, he was awesome at Leeds.

It is a wierd thing but many players are good before they join us and good after they leave but crap in the middle.

I have no idea why but we seem to be a bit of a career graveyard.

It is a wierd thing but many players are good before they join us and good after they leave but crap in the middle.

think he was at his best for leeds when they were in league 1, if he was a top quality championship player leeds would of kept him.

Are you sure you are thinking of the same player? Leeds fans said he would not tackle, he would not forward pass, he would not get many assists, he would not score many. He would take the ball off the centre backs and push it 3 or 4 yards left or right. They told us he was average at best. Nothing close to awsome!

Are you sure you are thinking of the same player? Leeds fans said he would not tackle, he would not forward pass, he would not get many assists, he would not score many. He would take the ball off the centre backs and push it 3 or 4 yards left or right. They told us he was average at best. Nothing close to awsome!

Yeah but they only said that after he left. I know many Leeds fans and am pretty sure they loved him. The "Kilkenny cannot pass the ball forwards" stuff only came out after he turned their offer down and joined us? Also, I think some of them were casting doubt because we were saying he was a creative, attacking midfielder, whereas they saw him more of a link up player.

Yeah but they only said that after he left. I know many Leeds fans and am pretty sure they loved him. The "Kilkenny cannot pass the ball forwards" stuff only came out after he turned their offer down and joined us

This was pretty much the feelings of Leeds fans I know, yeah there are loads of them about living of their 70's glory :) Good in div1 decidedly average and by no means even a starter in the championship.

I remember them laughing when I said we had signed him. Their opinion, "a Tinnion he certainly is not, think poor man's Ray Wilkins"

Archived