IGNORED

Confidence

NOTR

I think the main problem is that we are not a confident club,we do not feel we belong at a higher level,and us as fans are the same.Other clubs think they belong in or challenging to be in the prem and there fans demand that they do just that.I know people on here say that they are cocky,big heads,and some are,but until we get a new found confidence we are destined to remain a supporting act to the main attraction.when we were in the play off final and talking of a new ground,SL even talking of needing to spend 35 million if we went up we were starting to sound like a club confident in its self sadly it proved to be a false dawn.

I think the main problem is that we are not a confident club,we do not feel we belong at a higher level,and us as fans are the same.Other clubs think they belong in or challenging to be in the prem and there fans demand that they do just that.I know people on here say that they are cocky,big heads,and some are,but until we get a new found confidence we are destined to remain a supporting act to the main attraction.when we were in the play off final and talking of a new ground,SL even talking of needing to spend 35 million if we went up we were starting to sound like a club confident in its self sadly it proved to be a false dawn.

I agree with much of this - the play-off final, talk of significant investment if we went up etc was a nice change for City and for once set the bar a little higher. Unfortunately, for far too many years mediocrity has been 'acceptable' with comparisons made to Rovers rather than Stoke (for example).

I fear this season is a significant crossroads for us - we either invest heavily (I don't think the addition of an 'average' CB as suggested elsewhere will be anything like enough) and stay up or we face many years back in our comfort zone.

I agree with much of this - the play-off final, talk of significant investment if we went up etc was a nice change for City and for once set the bar a little higher. Unfortunately, for far too many years mediocrity has been 'acceptable' with comparisons made to Rovers rather than Stoke (for example).

I fear this season is a significant crossroads for us - we either invest heavily (I don't think the addition of an 'average' CB as suggested elsewhere will be anything like enough) and stay up or we face many years back in our comfort zone.

I agree, the crossroads thing sums it up for me. We're a championship club but on the brink of returning to the bigger fish, smaller pond scenario. History shows we'll then spend 5 or 10 or more years being that club who will be "there or there abouts" in league one. It's a shame to think of all that hard work of getting here to be undone so it is time to either try and turn this season around with some investment or just try and fight on as we are and hope for another escape like last season.

Archived