IGNORED

Baldock

Super

Cant help thinking whether we should of used the money we spent on him on a Midfielder and a defender. Not that I am saying he is a bad player just for me the striker position was what was least required. Feel free to shoot me down.

Cant help thinking whether we should of used the money we spent on him on a Midfielder and a defender. Not that I am saying he is a bad player just for me the striker position was what was least required. Feel free to shoot me down.

Agreed in hindsight. The bloke has not impressed me at all when starting, when appearing from the bench on the other hand he has impressed.

it is Davies that has impressed me the most. I hope my injury worries over him when we bought him don't come home to roost, as I I think he could be the best all round striker we have had since taylor

Absolutely 100% agree. He is better than Pittman no doubt, but Pitman is a 800,000 striker sat in the stands, we as a club cannot afford to have Bladock and Pittman both sat out most weeks, when we need a CB and CM.

Bad Management I'm afraid.

He'd score bucket loads in a decent team. We are creating fewer clear-cut chances as each game goes by, as Del gets more determined to be "hard to beat"

He has missed some absolute sitters for us though. At the end of the day, he has only ever really proved his goal scoring pedigree at L1 level.

really has not done anywhere near enough when starting.

Hard to judge a player without giving them a decent run of games - no one is going to shine under those circumstances, today if he had been a little more match sharp he may have put his chance away, but we will never know what we have if we do not play him.

Absolutely 100% agree. He is better than Pittman no doubt, but Pitman is a 800,000 striker sat in the stands, we as a club cannot afford to have Bladock and Pittman both sat out most weeks, when we need a CB and CM.

Bad Management I'm afraid.

'Better than Pitman, no doubt'?

Maybe he will be but he certainly hasn't proved it yet. Baldock's highest ever seasonal return is 14 and that was in the lower leagues with MK Dons.

Baldock is as yet completely unproven at Championship level where of course Pitman has already notched 13 in one season for City..

'Better than Pitman, no doubt'?

Maybe he will be but he certainly hasn't proved it yet. Baldock's highest ever seasonal return is 14 and that was in the lower leagues with MK Dons.

Baldock is as yet completely unproven at Championship level where of course Pitman has already notched 13 in one season for City..

Ok, see your point, when Baldock first arrived he looked a better bet, however maybe not,Pitman maybe wasn't given enough of a chance by Del, although Pitmans body language doesnt always impress.

We still need a CB AND CM while this 2m pair sit out most weeks!

He has missed some absolute sitters for us though. At the end of the day, he has only ever really proved his goal scoring pedigree at L1 level.

really has not done anywhere near enough when starting.

Failed to score from an open goal chance today according to the commentary after Woolford set him up.

Is it harsh to expect him to take maybe the only chance he gets in the game?

Not really, not at the price he cost- that's EXACTLY what he's out there for - and other less expensive City strikers are pilloried for less.

With 5 strikers on the books, many of a similar standard, the onus is very much on any striker who gets the nod from Del to be clinical with chances like that or quite possibly pay for it with his place in the team.

Reminds me a little of the 99 season where we went down. Spent the cash on striking options (Akinbiyi, Thorpe, Anderson) whilst neglecting the rest of the team.

What also doesn't help is the constant changing around IMO. When was the last time we played the same team 2 or 3 games running. It seems that unless you are in the "un-droppable" club, it's one bad game/one mistake and your out.

How can anyone be expected to perform in those circumstances? You don't even get a chance to get sharp!!

Archived