IGNORED

Charlton - Why Is It On A Sunday.

buster115

Don't get how our game can clash with rovers. Doesn't happen with Liverpool Everton, man utd city, arsenal spurs.

Surely computer is set up that both cant play at home?

The computer does try to keep derby teams apart but like this season 2 games clashed and then it is down to the police and clubs what happens.

oh ffs !!

I detest games on a Sunday. Its not normal

And its because the Sags are at home ? Stuff them. They are beneath us. Make them play the Sunday or failing that re-arrange and put them away

Er, it's not that simple. When the computer draws us both at home, there are times things can be rearranged based on who we are both playing, also who the team each of us are playing can't be drawn at home against etc, so inevitably there will be occasions we have to toss a coin for it, or take turns.

This time it's our turn to move the game to Sunday or Friday (and I'm guessing as we have a game on Tuesday we'd have wanted the extra day to get ready) and next time it'll be the gas who have to move over.

Er, it's not that simple. When the computer draws us both at home, there are times things can be rearranged based on who we are both playing, also who the team each of us are playing can't be drawn at home against etc, so inevitably there will be occasions we have to toss a coin for it, or take turns.

This time it's our turn to move the game to Sunday or Friday (and I'm guessing as we have a game on Tuesday we'd have wanted the extra day to get ready) and next time it'll be the gas who have to move over.

I thought we loss the coin toss this time? So we could lose out next time again.

Surely the question is WHY the computer has started drawing us at home on the same weekend. It never happened between 1960 and 2010, so why is it happening now?

Is it just more contempt from the FL towards the long-suffering fans?

Surely the question is WHY the computer has started drawing us at home on the same weekend. It never happened between 1960 and 2010, so why is it happening now?

Is it just more contempt from the FL towards the long-suffering fans?

I'm guessing but it might be like I said, to do with who the teams we are playing as well, who they aren't allowed to play on the same day as, or the weekend either side, and those games etc. Hope I've made sense trying to explain that. Have sent David Lloyd an email, so he will hopefully be along to clarify stuff.

I cant remember either, but i thought that switching it in turns is a lot fairer than a coin toss.

Were there not 2 games where we clashed with the Gas one on a Saturday and one on a Tuesday.

We won the toss and our choice was to keep the Tuesday game with the Gas moving their's to a Wednesday.

Subsequently the Gas had their choice, kept the Saturday so we had to shift to Sunday.

Message back from David Lloyd

Hi Marie

The last clash came on October 2nd when we were both down to play at home on the same night (Millwall and Cheltenham). Rovers were forced to switch to the Wednesday instead. This time it was our turn, and we opted to play on the Sunday rather than the Friday to give the players more recovery time after tomorrow's Birmingham game. We take it in turns - there is no toss of a coin.

Cheers

Del's first game was on a sunday.

I gather what you may be incinuating here however I disagree with the subliminal message

That was because Birmingham were in europe.

It grinds me that the league obviously rank "Southend not playing at home on the same day as West Ham because alot of Southend ST holders watch West Ham" on the same level as a local derby. They've got the technology to wack out fixture lists with various factors, why they can not prioritise these is beyond me. Police requests should come before club requests.

Fair play it has only happened twice this season, cup games pending.

- I thought there was a coin toss for the first choice of moving the fixture and the choice went between the clubs, obviously not!

Archived