IGNORED

A (perhaps) Contentious Thread

City since 64

The Liverpool of old used to promote from within the structure of the club (manager) and were one of the most successful of that time.

I am convinced this should happen at Ashton gate, especially with the academy etc, who would know the younger players (and older) better than a long serving member of the club.....yes I know we got Bert the teaman, Lord Buster Footman etc.......

Brian Tinnion (I understand) has all the required coaching qualifications (if that means sweet FA) is the man, he is red through and through, at thirty something is still the classiest footballer we have (not the best, there is a difference) is intelligent, passionate and ...............my choice!!!!! He must know the nationwide inside out, would want football played his way, (geesh, we'd have to spend some dosh to get those sort of players), but respect has been earned.......

Mr Wilson has done a great job, play offs etc, but in my humble opinion cannot take the club any further, without help. It is now 'stale' (like yesterdays little treat) and needs a real spark!!!!

OK finishing third two years running, what more can we ask? Well with the 'so called quality of players' perhaps second.

We are not going to get Mr. ex Chelsea manger so be realistic, Brian Tinnion (the fans favourite player) is the man for the job, make him part of the management team now, and I mean having a big say in tactics, selection etc, come on Mr Lansdown etc reward this Bristol City man now!!!!!!!

No doubt were going for new signings in the summer what with money being saved on players suits yesterday, scruffy bunch eh.......

Guest Adjuster
The Liverpool of old used to promote from within the structure of the club (manager) and were one of the most successful of that time.

I am convinced this should happen at Ashton gate, especially with the academy etc, who would know the younger players (and older) better than a long serving member of the club.....yes I know we got Bert the teaman, Lord Buster Footman etc.......

Brian Tinnion (I understand) has all the required coaching qualifications (if that means sweet FA) is the man, he is red through and through, at thirty something is still the classiest footballer we have (not the best, there is a difference) is intelligent, passionate and ...............my choice!!!!! He must know the nationwide inside out, would want football played his way, (geesh, we'd have to spend some dosh to get those sort of players), but respect has been earned.......

Mr Wilson has done a great job, play offs etc, but in my humble opinion cannot take the club any further, without help. It is now 'stale' (like yesterdays little treat) and needs a real spark!!!!

OK finishing third two years running, what more can we ask? Well with the 'so called quality of players' perhaps second.

We are not going to get Mr. ex Chelsea manger so be realistic, Brian Tinnion (the fans favourite player) is the man for the job, make him part of the management team now, and I mean having a big say in tactics, selection etc, come on Mr Lansdown etc reward this Bristol City man now!!!!!!!

No doubt were going for new signings in the summer what with money being saved on players suits yesterday, scruffy bunch eh.......

Well said. I would also plug for Stuart Taylor to support him. With their Passion & Pride they get my vote.

Well said. I would also plug for Stuart Taylor to support him. With their Passion & Pride they get my vote.

Yes, that old Gas centre half from the 70's would be my choice too.

Although other City fans i've spoken to are convinced he should only be offered the job if he comes in a package with Gordon Fearnley.

If ( and that is a big if)Tinnion was to be incorporated into our management structure then i would say that at present it should be as no more than assistant manager. He's been a great player and servant for us but then again loads of players have enjoyed long and illustrious careers at clubs and have failed to reach the same heights as managers there, Glenn Hoddle at Tottenham is a prime example and i'm sure there's numerous others. Lets keep Tinnion involved at the club but NOT as manager...yet

Archived