IGNORED

Only Just November And Nothing To Look Forward To.........

harvey54

........apart from another season fighting relegation.

The wins against Cardiff and Palace proved only to be false dawns. When the injuries started we were found out to be what we are:

A poor team lacking quality.

A team that can't defend or keep a clean sheet.

A team without a leader on the pitch.

A team with too many average players in a comfort zone (Fontaine, Kilkenny, Pearson, Stead, Pitman, Elliott).

Derek's honeymoon period is well and truly over and if he didn't have the horrific injury list as his get out of jail card the fans would be baying for change.

The club needs to take a serious look at itself. Personally, I would have a clear out in January and bring in some young, promising players with something to prove. Ryan Taylor showed that we can scout talent. Cunningham should be back by then. He's been a big miss and I think Woolford has suffered not playing in front of him.

I hate the fact that apart from fighting relegation our season is over. No mid-table comfort and no chance of a pay-off push.

I really hope that I'm proved wrong but I can't see it.

Charlton is a big game next week and a chance to get back to winning ways. Can't see us getting anything at Brum.

COYR!

Little to argue with here but I'm not sure it's entirely fair to include Pittman and Elliott in your list of culprits for this season (yet) OR to describe the injury list as "horrific"

Also - for all the pain relegation battles are much more exciting than mid-table mediocrity - it is the mind-numbing and seemingly endless, pathetic and miserable decline before any evidence of a battle can be seen which is the killer.

can't include elliot or pitman in that or even kilkenny they have hardly featured at all,

I don't rate Pitman or kilkenny but I wouldn't say they are in a comfort zone

For me Elliott had one good season when we got to the play-off final. Hasn't produced anything since. I just think that the other two are taking up squad places when youngsters should be ahead of them.

I would say that injuries to Wilson, Fontaine, Cunningham, Elokobi and Bryan, all at nearly the same time was pretty unfortunate.

Archived